How did we get here?

by 4mylove 9 Replies latest jw friends

• 4mylove
    4mylove

I know this has probably been asked before but, how did you find JWD?

I know that my life hasn't been the same since. I love reading through peoples experiences and comparing them to my situation. (i hate calling it that!) What made you start this journey?

For me it was doubt that one day I may actually be able to hope that my husbands eyes were going to be open. After reading through peoples experiences, knowledge, and emotions I know that THE REAL TRUTH will one day bring us even closer. I know that one day I'll be able to share all of you wonderful people with him and he will know that he isn't alone. Thanks to you all.

• changeling
    changeling

I spent a lifetime "in". Married and raised my family "in". One day I stumbled on the UN document about the Society's involvement as an NGO of the DPI.

I had always had doubts that would crrep up the sides of my brain and then I'd squish them down again. After seeing the Society's hypocrisy in the UN issue, I allowed myself to analyze those doubts.

I stopped FS right away and over a 9 month period drifted away from meetings. My husband and I are now "faded".

Welcome!

changeling

• Science101
    Science101

I had interesting discussions with a number of Jehovah's Witnesses, including recently. As might have already guessed we ended up talking about where life came from and all that. Is fun. Also went to a local kingdom hall after being invited. But I guess becoming a full member just wasn't me.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I was surfing the innernet looking for the meaning of life and I stumbled in here.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I started surfing on the net some time ago when I wasn't satisfied with how the elders and their direction from the society handled some local issues. I was included in those issues. When I found info on the UN, and some strange history on JW's that I was never taught, I looked further. This is one of the sites I found.

• flipper
    flipper

Hello 4 My Love- Mr. Flipper here. My wife Mrs. Flipper actually started out in it in March this year to see how to deal with my still in " witness" family. We married last October and are very happy. I left the org. 4 years ago, just faded, not dfed, but once my wife got on jwd, I saw there were alot of caring people, and me being a communicative type guy, wanted to join the fun, and help people also who are getting out of the witnesses or be able to share my experiences to assist others. It has been a fulfilling journey , one in which I look forward to continuing, not only for my wife and my building up, but for others too. Peace to you, Mr. Flipper

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

One of us says:

1. I read the whole Bible
    2. I got questions
    3. I shared them with the bros and sis
    4. They got scared and avoided those questions (la la la la la. I can't heeearr yaaaa!)
    5. That got me thinking. Why are they scared of the Bible?
    6. I found info in the Wikipedia
    7. I shared again. They go even more scared
    8. Since nobody cared or wanted to hear about it I started my journey and here I am
  • SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Did a search on Jehovah's Witnesses, and found my way here.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Reccomended by another website. I was looking for info about the WT because of an associate who told me about this wonderful place he says he's going to. No, not Disneyland, but some mystical place. My suspicions were right-just another cult. Spirit creatures??? Ya right.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

I NEVER read apostate literature. I followed the Society's instructions up to the point I was threatened with DF'ing. (We da'd and, then, I heard they df'd us....) Only AFTER my DA did I research the web.

I do not remember how I found this site.....I was processing a ton of stuff for a while.

Take care,

V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit