Personal Revelations and Ah-ha moments while reading Combating Cult Mind Control

by Blackfalcon98 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Hi everyone, I'm nearing the end of Steven Hassan's first book: Combating Cult Mind Control. As I was on the chapter which describes 'Mini Interventions', I had an Ah-HA moment regarding WTBS and the stance on two matters which awoken doubts in me earlier:

• College Enrollment (On campus housing vs. Off campus housing, etc.)
    • Public Cart Witnessing (only for elite, hand-picked, pioneers)

So, as I've read on the forums, and know from personal experience, a brother can be looked over for appointment or deleted as an Elder or a MS if he attends, or if his children attends college. As some of the elders on this board have pointed out, his 'Qualifications' would at least be reviewed by the BOE, and perhaps even the CO, with special interest being placed on where the student lives while attending and how active the 'publisher' is while attending. The entire purpose: restrict and discourage dubs from getting away from the group long enough to revert to thinking in reality. Prevent them from ever learning the real meaning of: research, study, or critical thinking, and exercise damage control to monitor the student for signs of waking up, loosing zeal, and leaving this cult. If the student is, or is linked to an appointed man....REMOVE THE APPOINTED MAN to show that getting a real education is not acceptable dub. behavior, and will not be tolerated!   

Also, I've always wondered why the public cart witnessing was always limited to the 'elite' pioneers and those specially selected by a committee which could at times include the CO. As I was reading Hassan's work, it became obvious that many of the 'mini interventions' he has with members from other groups would not work as effectively with the elite pioneers at the carts. These elites are very active in recruitment, sometimes power-hungry, die-hards who have so much work tied into proclaiming the message of this cult that they will quickly shutdown anyone who makes them feel uncomfortable. I have come to the conclusion, at least at the moment, that the organization, and cults in general exhibit mind control out of necessity as much as for the feeling of power. If they loosen-up and allow people to think for, and control themselves they would loose membership as people see through their bologna.

These are just some of my ah-ha moments. Have anyone else had these since learning TTATT? Please share!  

• flipper
    flipper
    BLACKFALCON- Great thread ! I had MANY ah-ha moments after reading all 3 of Steve Hassan's books on mind control. I think the biggest " ah-ha " moment for me was understanding WHY the WT Society did NOT want us to read other books and information aside from WT publications. As Steve Hassan stated most cults or high control organizations use information control to keep it's members UNAWARE of other important information that they NEED to know to make informed, intelligent decisions on important life issues . When I realized the WT Society had done that to me for over 40 years- it made me initially very angry, then I got busy reading everything in sight and re-educating myself. Glad I did because for over 11 years now I've had freedom of mind and I am really happy
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Exactly the same for me, that help to Level The Playing Field.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

If something is repeated over and over and over and over and over..........again, it 'becomes' truth! At least to those who hear it over and over and over and over again!  That's why dubs have soooooo many meetings.

One day, many years ago, a Mormon man once told me, (I was out in service) that JW's have a core of only 75 scriptures that they use about 85% of the time their literature to 'prove' and reinforce their JW teachings. I never did an exact study on his comment, but I'm pretty sure the Mormon church did. If you notice, it is the same scriptures used over and over and over again. Once you 'wake up' you see a lot of things very clearly!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    The aha moments just continue to come to me as I deprogram. 
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread BF98!

Yes, the more I miss meetings, the more I realise just how much "the emperor has no clothes"!

The obvious stupidity of the org is so much clearer to see once you step OUTSIDE of the circle and look back inside.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    Now as I read the newest book by Hassan, im getting a few more revelations regarding my own action in revealing TTATT. Has anyone else read Hassan's latest book: Freedom of Mind?
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I had an AHaaa moment last night. I'm traveling alone and I usually just eat at the bar instead of waiting for a table. One of the servers was getting drinks from the bar near me. He was a very outgoing, two-toned longer hair young man, just excited to be alive. He asks me about my hat, and I gave a short reply, and then off the top of his head he indicated that he probably won't be working there much longer because he was going to a small school to get educated for a mission trip.

I'm thinking about Steven Hassan's book, Combating Cult Mind Control. I'm asking myself questions. The young man returns to pick up some more drinks. So I asked, "so where are you going on your mission trip?" He said that he had to go be trained at a small school in west Texas, and didn't know where they would send him. And That after they get to know you they send you where they think it is most appropriate.

So I waited until I was leaving and started for the front door and saw that he was waiting a table near the front door. I established eye contact with him and then motioned for him to come over. I said, "Your mission trip sounds exciting and that I approached him knowing that this wasn't any of my business, but,.... that I had some concerns of his mission trip. He said, wow, well, tell me what your concern is, for a customer to take his time and tell me he has concern for me personally I want to hear what he has to say.

I said, at least do this: Get on the internet, google and research the group you are planning on going to get "educated" by. I then told him that I was born into a high control group that my parents were committed to and that it was 45 years later I realized that it was a cult, and that I wasted decades of my life working for them.

I then told him about Steve Hassan's book Combating Cult Mind Control and he took a pen out and wrote it down, and then I briefly explained the BITE methods used to keep you in their control. That's when I saw that this young man had an AHAAAAA moment cross his face. It was a blessing to see this.

The manager was a nosey twit that had his nose into everything and he started to hover around us to get a listen. The young man was very perceptive, as I motioned with my eyes that someone was behind us. So he said loudly, "Well have a safe trip, enjoy your evening here".

I think that the young waiter had a "Ahaaa, I've got it" moment and will go home and do his homework. So this was a mini-intervention I wonder what I spared him from?

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    Great job!!! Wow, you successfully performed a mini intervention! I can't wait to I get the chance to do one on a dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit