i'm so freaking nervous

by bigdreaux 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Change is good bigD! You'll do fine! Congrats!

BB

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    i am approaching this job not as a salesman, but, an educator. i'll try to educate people on the cars i offer. if they don't want it, then they don't want it... I feel like if someone drives off my lot happy, and they feel like they made the right choice, we both win.

And the BS begins!

LOL!

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

nvr, as silly as it may sound, from all the salesmen i've spoken too, they agree. they noticed when they used this approach, and stopped being so pushy, their numbers went up! besides, i know no one can say no to me when i turn on the charm. lol

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Baby, I worked in the car business for 7 years. Here are your words to live by at the dealership: Be AWESOME to the chicks in Accounting. Find the one who works up your sales commission and be extra sweet to her! I was seeing a salesman for a while after my divorce and often "accidentally" lost copies of invoices that A/P gave me to charge him back. I walked in there on Friday to visit for a few mins and he scooped me into his arms and gave me a nice cuddle. God I miss that place!

• BrentR
    BrentR

Hope it works out great for you and good luck!

• sspo
    sspo

You will need a lot of endurance and patience.

Good luck

• John Doe
    John Doe

One thing that irritates me is when a salemen's first question is "How much you looking to spend." My reply is invariably, "How much you willing to offer?" ;-) Naming payment without talking about total price is also bs. Oh yeah, and if I make an offer, I want an answer, not a wait while the salesman "discusses" it with an unseen "boss." You don't like my offer? Fine, decline it yourself instead of shifting the burden to your "boss." ;-) Think I'm a picky buyer?

• snowbird
    snowbird

grouphug2

BigD, a group hug from JWD!!!

You will do just fine.

Sylvia

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Good luck BigD

I know you'll do fine. Tell missanna I said hi - where is she? Do I need to come to Louisanna?

nj

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Congrats, man!

I hope to hold on to my Toyota for a few more years, but when I'm ready to trade her in, I'll drive down to see ya!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit