Door to Door Risk Factors?

by Outaservice 13 Replies latest jw friends

• bluebell
    bluebell
    Is that any different from letting kids go trick or treating?

true

our cong didn't let sisters work together in evening witnessing and if there weren't enough bros and an odd number, it was a bro who had to work on his own and definitely not a sister. so they were slightly safety conscious at least.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The last thing one should want is to suffer assault on behalf of a destructive cult that has nothing good to offer to its memebrs. In this day and age many place sare not safe for children to be in alone.

• yknot
    yknot

Do people still allow kids to trick or treat? Most have "Fall Festivals" before Halloween. (Many Evangelicals have stopped officially celebrating Halloween and replace them with these Scarecrow, hayrides and pumpkin festivals. Most are sponsored by churches and schools)

• aarque
    aarque

I remember when I was about 12 years old being sent with another girl my age to a rooming house full of men. We knocked on two doors and then fled the building. When the elder asked if we did that house, we nodded...sure we did. What we never told anyone was that at the second door the man who answered was stark naked. If they knew we just left they would have made us go back into that rooming house to finish it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit