Does the Bible contradict itself?

by senoj53 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• choosing life
    choosing life

J Canon,

Sorry, I got your user name wrong the first time. I think you are seeing things in the scriptures that take some stretch of the imagination. I certainly don't have answers to a lot of what is in there. But I do not see the gay thing everywhere you do. A different perspecctive, I suppose.

• JCanon
    JCanon
    Sorry, I got your user name wrong the first time. I think you are seeing things in the scriptures that take some stretch of the imagination. I certainly don't have answers to a lot of what is in there. But I do not see the gay thing everywhere you do. A different perspecctive, I suppose.

Yes, it is subtle application, but it's part of the entire issue so I included it. I don't expect everyone to see it as I might. In fact, I'm sure some would flatly refuse the idea that being gay is a "gift"; that's just beyond their comprehension though that person could be celibate.

But some scholarly commentors might take the sexist view that women are put down in the Bible and sort of blamed for assisting Adam to sin, even though the Bible says she was thoroughly deceived. Also women were the bane of temptation for false religion, the foreign wives being blamed for the downfall of Solomon and many of the Jews and even Samson. Even in modern times, often beautiful women are used to set up and turn spies and all that. It's classic. So the beautiful woman and the weakness for love and lust is a key player in the heterosexual world. Some men sell out their country for the love of a beautiful woman. But what effect would the most beautiful woman have on a gay man? He's exempt from "Eve" -- thus, what a "gift" not to share the weakness of straight men for beautiful women, etc. Prostitution is the oldest business in the world, right?

So there is a lot to consider and we know from the beginning we'll only scratch the surface and view this from the sidelines.

JC

• senoj53
    senoj53

Hi J C,

Are you saying that Satan acts as Jehovah's servant on these occasions?

I take your point about different interpretations of specific words, but we're still left with the dilema as whether Jehovah is just in taking the life of David's son, because of the sin committed by his father, when his own law states the opposite?

If sons should not be put to death on account of their fathers wrongdoing, then why do JW's preach that through one man Adam sin entered into the world and death through sin?

Steve

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

senoj:

Fwiw, those topics have been discussed at least twice in the last few days.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/142474/2558893/post.ashx#2558893

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/142118/2551407/post.ashx#2551407

(Those are my posts but you can access the whole discussion from there.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit