America is becoming a fascist state

by mavie 24 Replies latest jw friends

• mavie
    mavie

I saw an interview with Naomi Wolf on 'The Colbert Report' the other night. Yes, I know this program is entertainment but it still raises awareness of important issues. Naomi spoke about her new book - 'The End of America - A Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot'.

http://www.amazon.com/End-America-Letter-Warning-Patriot/dp/1933392797

She examines steps taken historically by a government when is changes from a free to fascist society.

Here is the interview on 'The Colbert Report'.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/09/20/the-colbert-report-naomi-wolf-on-fascism-in-america/

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Both The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are important vehicles for spreading awareness.

Thanks, mavie!

• Forscher
    Forscher

Yes,

It has taken us seven decades to move that far left!

Forscher

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Mavie,

Well, lets face it, you are talking about power being in the hands of people whose voters fell about in a frenzy of spittle when a group of musicians sang a song they did not like (DixieChicks) and who seriously suggested a ban on the use of the word 'French' in fries when the French would not join them in the lunatic invasion of Iraq.

Before one explodes in laughter, be aware that there were many on this board who defended this insanity, and some who still would!

Hello Forscher.

HS

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

The U.S. rhetoric goes up, their dollar goes down. Canadian dollar rises in spite of lunatics in Ottawa. Go figure.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    when_fascism_comes_to_america_shirt.jpg picture by Frosti1

Swalker

• kwr
    kwr

I don't take a comedy show seriously. We are far from a fascist state and what the government is trying to prevent is a chemical or nuclear attack in the USA.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The american experiment w democracy ended when lincoln took away the southern states rights.

S

• Lloyd Braun
  • cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I don't take a comedy show seriously. We are far from a fascist state and what the government is trying to prevent is a chemical or nuclear attack in the USA. The Colbert Report is not just comedy, it is political satire (or is that parody?) albeit with an obvious liberal agenda. Comedy can be taken seriously sometimes, in that it is often a good reflection of the views of many in society. A friend of mine who is a psychologist and taught sociology at University, also refers to the US as a fascist state, for over a year now. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.... it doesn't really matter what you call it. Let's not forget that East Germany was called the German Democratic Republic and there was nothing democratic about that government! Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit