I don't know what happened ...

by compound complex 15 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

To my dear friend of so many years,

I have no idea what happened but won't ask any questions. My aunt called and said the announcement was made last night that you're no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. So much has happened since I last saw you almost a year and a half ago. But not now. My purpose in writing is to tell you that I love you for the loyal friend you have always been. When I was down and out, thrown away by some I dearly loved, you were there to love me and not judge me. So here I am, not to ask questions but to say I'm here for you. It must be clear from this letter to you that I'm not about to shun you. That is no longer a part of my righteous "Christian" conduct.
    You may feel you are a wicked person, but you certainly are not. Weak in some ways, perhaps, but not wicked. We've had this discussion before. The best thing I can tell you now is that your spiritual life of so many, many years has not been for nothing; your life's not over. I'm not going to quote Scripture but write out a little poem that I've shared with so many others over the years to help them see that even the smallest of deeds can truly help and lift the spirits.
    My dear friend, your life is only now beginning. I hope the following words of Emily Dickinson help you realize that your life and good deeds have not been forgotten.
    I love you more than you can know.

Yours forever,

CoCo

Not in Vain

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
    I shall not live in vain:
    If I can ease one life the aching,
    Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin
    Unto his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, an excellent letter. All the best.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

You're all heart, CoCo.

I hope your friend gets the message, in one way or another.

• anewme
    anewme

Yes, very dear, CoCo.

Your letter will have success.

• greendawn
    greendawn

If only the JWs had this attitute towards ex JWs but somehow their thinking was so warped they see shunning as an act of love when it is clearly an unchristian act of revenge, of uncalled for aggression.

• bluebell
    bluebell

so true greendawn!

i think that is a lovely letter coco

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Friends, for your kind comments.

CoCo

• JK666
    JK666

CoCo,

Very nice letter, send it.

JK

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

It would be a crime not to send it.

• restrangled
    restrangled

(((((((((CoCo)))))))))))