The Bible VS. The Word of God

by writetoknow 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• siegswife
    siegswife

I believe the Word of God is the expression of God's Being..."I AM"...God's "Name" if you will.

I don't see how God could have expressed in a "word" anything other than His own Being...what else exists (ed) to speak of?

That's how Christ is the "exact representation of His very Being" and how "he existed in God's form".

I tend to get a bit turned off when I hear Christians insist that the Bible is "the Word of God" all the while not realizing that it can't be the Word of God that Christ is said to be.

Did everything get created for and by the Bible?

I don't think so.

Lea

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

I am sharing them because I believe they are correct,

Writetoknow,

Well I took the time to look at the material and the home page you suggested and find that the material is far from correct. It is vague, unsupported, philosophical and inaccurate as even you pointed out. The material is in conflict with a pre-human existence which by your own admission is not accurate. Even if this is the work of someone else, you should at least be aware of the fact that we cannot absolve ourselves for this reason. At it says clearly that: Mt 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. It does not matter where the source of such words may have originated. When we decide to offer them to others then they become our words and we take this responsibility upon ourselves. So be careful with such material and test it carefully. Even when it attempts to explain something as simple as the word of God it errs. Notice what is said about it here: 10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand. 11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. If the seed is the word of God then it is not limited to specific texts where only God speaks. The explanation is more complex than that. It sounds good if not given more careful scrutiny. This is also why the message of the kingdom while preached everywhere by every Christian is understood by few.

Joseph

• greendawn
    greendawn

The Bible is just that tiny part of what God inspired men to say or do that happened to be written down and survive to our days though no doubt in places altered by intention or error. It only amounts to the bare essentials of spirituality.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

I find your work refreshing and unlike the JDUBs who think everyone has to read the bible and know every little detail but miss the point. Because it not knowing the Word of God but living it with action and actions expresses what is in a person heart. It is interesting that you picked up on the fact that Jesus called the Pharisees out because they searched the OT but did not recognize the son of man so really what good was it to search the scriptures.

When I first started reading your post, I thought of George Foxs who started the Children of Light movement in the 1600s. Later, he started the Quaker religion who believe some of the things you are writing. He believe that the Holy Spirit would guide people! and he would go into church, Catholic church and confront them on doctrines. Anyhow, George Foxs started the thought about the Holy Spirit and not needing to read the Bible because the Holy Spirit would guide you.

I do not think that is far fetch, but what about people who think Holy Spirit is in them or guiding them yet their actions say something different? Just a thought

Glad to see you are unlike the JDUBS, who seemed to be more like Pharisees than guided with Holy Spirit. At least you are a free Holy Spirit thinker!

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

When every it becomes control or hurting of people it's not of the Holy Spirit. Standing up for what it right and then letting God handle it is the actions of a true Christain.

It is a simple thing to test if a person has God's Holy Spirit because Christ showed in action what it means to have God's Holy Spirit. If a person adds or to his action they will be decieved. Christ never built a org on earth. In order to do that one must use God's word as law to form the group to do the well of the people in charge that has nothing to do with Christ.

Christ or God cannot accpect worship by force it must be out of love for them. It is concept mature people understand in their own relationship anything less is disfuctional.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit