Looking for specific WT quotes...input appreciated!

by deaconbluez 12 Replies latest jw friends

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Hey guys, I've looked in the "Best of" section and elsewhere, and I've found a few good ones, but I'm working on a project where I need quotes from literature where the GB/FDS are said to be the "spokesman of God", "divine channel", and other things of that sort. Any help would be most appreciated.

• AK - Jeff
  • outofthebox
    outofthebox

Awesome site AK. I didn't know about that one. Really good info.

• Confession
    Confession

These may not be exactly what you're looking for, but some may be helpful...

--------------------------------------

“The first essential for study is the right condition of mind and heart, appreciating that Jehovah grants understanding only to the meek, and not to the stiff-necked. If we have love for Jehovah and for the organization of his people we shall not be suspicious, but shall, as the Bible says, 'believe all things,' all the things that The Watchtower brings out…” [Qualified, 1955, page 156]

“Jehovah is not pleased if we receive that food as though it might contain something harmful. We should have confidence in the channel God is using.” [Watchtower, February 15, 1981, page 19]

“…survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah's universal organization.” [Watchtower, May 15, 2006]

“Unlike the clergy class, those of the Jeremiah class have been sent by Jehovah to speak in his name.” [Watchtower, Sept. 1, 1979, p. 29, underlining added]

“So Jehovah’s visible organization came off victorious once again to his vindication. For dedicated, baptized persons to share in that victory, what did it take? Faith in Jehovah’s theocratic organization.” [Watchtower, March 1, 1979, page 18, underlining added]

“How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God’s visible organization.” [Watchtower, January 15, 1983, p. 22]

"Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do.” [Watchtower, December 1, 1981, p. 27]

"Those who desire life in the New Order must come into a right relationship with the organization." [Watchtower, November 15, 1981, pp. 16-17]

• oompa
    oompa

1950 WT page 214 paragraph 8:

So Jehovah’s visible organization under Christ is a channel for bringing the divine interpretation of his Word to his devoted people. What then? An organizational instrument must be provided to help all lovers of truth and life to gain a progressive understanding of God’s Word and for freeing themselves from all the confusing, faith-destroying religious doctrines and creeds of Christendom. Such an educational instrument this journal TheWatchtower was meant to be and has proved to be. Not fettered by any man-made religious creed, it has been free to advance in the truth as the divine Interpreter has led the way by Jesus Christ.

Tough to find the exact phrase so far....oompa

• Phil
    Phil

big time Awsome. Will this be updated to meet the times. How can I be advised of all the updtes of this information?

Phil

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

One of the best:

"Jehovah is the source of all knowledge. When he speaks, all should listen and learn. And how does he speak? Through his appointed channel of communication -- his collective congregation of annointed ones. By this means we learn of the diversified wisdom of God, as demonstrated in his marvelous creative acts and the irresistible outworking of his grand and thrilling purposes. What a joy it is to have this grand information communicated to us by Jehovah 'through the congregation,' as year after year we continue our happy association with it! -- Eph. 3:10, NW.

"As servants of Jehovah we desire to serve along with this channel of communication and aid in dispensing this information to others. During January we shall do this by extending to all the opportunity to subscribe for the Watchtower magazine, the main instrument used by the congregation to dispense Jehovah's communications" (Informant, January 1956, p. 1).

• gumby
    gumby

Gumby

• oompa
    oompa

Third one is pretty good about Russell as the "mouthpiece." A miricle would occur if he kept silent!!!!!.....oompa

w555/15p.316par.34ChristianChannelofCommunication***

An official mouthpiece for this "slave" class is the Watchtower magazine, now in its seventy-sixth year of publication. This magazine makes no claim of inspiration but is guided by the inspired principles and prophecies recorded in the sacred Bible due for progressive fulfillment today. By means of this singular channel of reliable spiritual guidance all sincere, honest persons who love righteousness are being directed toward the "perfect day" in the post-Armageddon new world.

w9912/1p.9par.3"GladTidings"FromtheApocalypse***

As heralds of these glad tidings, Jehovah’s Witnesses are really the mouthpiece of a symbolic heavenly messenger whose mission is also described in Revelation.

jvchap.10p.143GrowinginAccurateKnowledgeoftheTruth***

How did Brother Russell view his own role? Did he claim some special revelation from God? In the WatchTower of July 15, 1906 (page 229), Russell humbly replied: "No, dear friends, I claim nothing of superiority, nor supernatural power, dignity or authority; nor do I aspire to exalt myself in the estimation of my brethren of the household of faith, except in the sense that the Master urged it, saying, ‘Let him who would be great among you be your servant.’ (Matt. 20:27.) . . . The truths I present, as God’s mouthpiece, were not revealed in visions or dreams, nor by God’s audible voice, nor all at once, but gradually . . . Neither is this clear unfolding of truth due to any human ingenuity or acuteness of perception, but to the simple fact that God’s due time has come; and if I did not speak, and no other agent could be found, the very stones would cry out."

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Thanks so much, all!

I now have 24 pages of WT quotes where they refer to themselves as the "divine channel of spiritual truth". This will be invaluable in talking with Witnesses who chalk up all the proof of the WT being a false prophet as simply "imperfect men that made mistakes".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit