Can i have some help re shunning scriptures please?

by dobbie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• dobbie
    dobbie

Hi well following on from my previous post about probs with sis and bro in law and how they haven't spoken for ages,hubs wentround today to have it out and say do they want to know me or not (i am d'ad but she has contact with her d'ad family) and she now says she does as we're family and that i've been ignoring her!(uh hello?what cloud you on girl!) Anyway she has agredd for us all to meet and discuss what sort of part we will have if any in each others lives, because our two boys are the same age and in the same class and we don't want them to suffer.

Her hubby said to him though that there's a big difference between Jehovah kicking you out and you doing it yourself (though initially she told me if i d'ad it wasn't so bad so she wouldn't cut me off). Then she said to my hubs to remember that i new what the consequences of my d'aing would be (like that makes it any easier, have they no idea how incredibly hard it was for me?!)and that they are not really meant to associate.

I was just wondering if you could tell me the best sites to go to where you can look up the scriptures they use to say you shouldn't associate with an ex witness, i found one once and it went through them all and then explained the scriptures in their context but i can't remember where it was. I just want some ammo to use should they start bringing all that up.

Thanks v much!

• oompa
    oompa

Could we get some WT articles too? I had a PM from someone just this morning want that info too.

Dobbie, so sorry for this mess. It is so alienlike....oompa

• greendawn
    greendawn

Jesus didn't shun sinners in case the JWs think that ex JWs are sinners. It's understandable that they may not want someone to be part of their organisation but shunning them totally, and especially family members, as a matter of policy is not a Biblical principle as they like to claim.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Yes but the trouble is with family, particularly in relation to hubby's mother and her husband they will not speak to me or even come to our house to see the kiddies, but they say it is not shunning as they can contact us in case of an emergency, eg someone in the family dies!

• BFD
    BFD

Dobbie,

The most recent scripture thown in my face to justify shunning is 2 John 9-11.

BFD

• BFD
    BFD

Just want to add a scripture that I like to use as a reply..

Luke 6:21-23

BFD

• dobbie
    dobbie

Thanks BFD don't own a Bible anymore but will see if i can look them up on the internet!

• BFD
  • dobbie
    dobbie

Wow thanks!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi dobbie, you might find this link helpful:

http://www.xjw.com/shunning.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit