CANADA-another ELDER PEDO 9-18-07

by DannyHaszard 52 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The families were friendly and socialized together extensively. He would have met her when she was 13."

Willick's lawyer Daryl Labach said his client voluntarily gave up his role as an elder in the church several years ago, in part because of the allegations, and left the church entirely in 2004.

The woman went to police with allegations concerning Willick in 2004.

"This whole situation with the complainant had nothing to do with his being an elder at the church," Labach said. "He said the church had absolutely nothing to do with this. The fault's all his.

"He was counselling her as a friend of the family. They were all good friends because they all happened to go to the same church. That's just where they met. He was just trying to help her out in the context of being a good family friend because she had so many problems. Things just ended up going to another level, which he says they shouldn't have."

-----

Look at this WTBS CYA subterfuge,now if he was a Catholic Priest would this fly?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    "This whole situation with the complainant had nothing to do with his being an elder at the church," Labach said. "He said the church had absolutely nothing to do with this. The fault's all his.

Lol - what? He was in a position of TRUST 'counselling' a minor in his congregation. Of COURSE it's relevant!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

...and I'd like to add...ANYONE who legitimately 'counsels'/ works with children - even on a voluntary basis - has to FIRSTLY have a police check.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

In the same way he quit his job to protect his investment and reputation of the company, he quit as an elder and 'left' the Org to protect its reputation.

Such warped thinking, it is okay to get sexually involved with a minor but he tries to be noble to protect a cult's reputation. That's screwed up!

• sir82
    sir82
    For the last five years Willick, fought the charges, saying the girl was a willing partner.

There's his "Divine theocratic education" kicking in.

Elders are taught to question the victims of child abuse to see if they were "willing", or "leading on", or "initiating" the contact, thus giving opportunity to reduce the "sentence" on the perpetrator.

This guy apparently bought the hype.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    For the last five years Willick, fought the charges, saying the girl was a willing partner.

There's his "Divine theocratic education" kicking in.

Elders are taught to question the victims of child abuse to see if they were "willing", or "leading on", or "initiating" the contact, thus giving opportunity to reduce the "sentence" on the perpetrator.

This guy apparently bought the hype.

He was 36 she was 13

Church Elder Pleads Guilty In Sex Case
    650 CKOM News Talk Radio, Canada - 12 minutes ago
    At that time, Willick was an elder a Saskatoon congregation of Jehovah's Witness. The girl and her family belonged to that congregation

Church Elder Pleads Guilty In Sex Case
    650 CKOM News Talk Radio, Canada - 11 minutes ago
    At that time, Willick was an elder a Saskatoon congregation of Jehovah's Witness. The girl and her family belonged to that congregation. ...

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Oh, this is going to be interesting. I live just down the road from Saskatoon (well, 150 miles, but Regina and Saskatoon are sort of sister cities). My parents lived there in 1996. My df'd sister and numerous relatives still live there.

I don't think I've ever met brother Wendell, but I will have to search the old memory repositories for his name. I assume it will show up in my local paper in a day or two.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Holy crap. I just checked the Star Phoenix. This article is on the front page. It should be fun going from door to door on Saturday.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They we are they were accusing other religions of having such problems whereas they were supposedly clean and it then emerges that they have as much of a problem as any other religions as one would expect of orgs made up by imperfect humans.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

SCARY. This will not stop for years now that people are no longer afraid to speak up and turn fellow JWs in. Witnesses are going to GAG OVER and OVER as this pedophile issue gets jammed down their gullet. And yet unlike the Catholic church, there is "no problem" with this in the JWs! They will never admit their guilt, and that will be their biggest mistake.

Randy

http://www.freeminds.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit