My unanswered questions as an active jdub

by Serg 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Serg
    Serg

Here are a couple of questions I used to ask myself while still active in the borg which never really got answered.

Where the angels (demons) that came here to have sex with the beautiful women before the deluge the only ones that rebeled or were there more angels that rebelled there after?

What purpose would the 144k serve have after the millinial reign? Would they be sold back to earth or just stay up there?

These questions among many other unanswered ones further back my doubt of the whole WT teachings of the way things were, are and will be.

What a mind job.

• carla
    carla

Would they be sold back to earth or just stay up there? -- sold? what? please explain, thanks. (from a non jw that sometimes forgets the little nuances of jwism)

• Gopher
    Gopher

Whew - your post title made me think you were still active.

Yeah, the combination of Bible passages and WTS teachings sure can be mind-blowing at times.

Regarding your first question about the angels who came to earth (as the story goes), I always had a problem with the mathematics. You see, in Revelation it says the dragon (Satan) was hurled down to earth and took a third of the stars of heaven (angels) with him. Now if there are hundreds of millions of angels (as implied in the Old Testament), that would mean Satan had quite a few million angels on his side. There wouldn't have been enough women on earth before the Flood supposedly happened to satisfy all those angels. (A long way to say "yes" there would have had to be more angels that rebelled after the Flood and before 1914.)

The actual assignments given to the 144,000 king-priests in heaven are hazy in WTS literature. They pretty much say their main assignment would be assisting mankind to grow to perfection. I guess the earthly organization isn't enough to handle that.

• metaspy
    metaspy

my own personal theory on the 144k is they replace Satan and his demons.

• eclipse
    eclipse

I like that theory, metaspy.

• Serg
    Serg

Lol ! I also like your theory Metaspy!

Carla -

Just figured they might be sold back to earth after the 1000yrs since Revalation says the were "bought" from earth.

• oompa
    oompa

"So the "stars" must be the human overseers, or elders, in the congregations, viewed as Jesus’ messengers." -Rev. Climax BK. p28

This comment above is in reference to the scripture below.

The

seven stars mean the angels of the seven congregations, and the seven lampstands mean seven congregations."—Revelation 1:20.

OMG I just now understand due to this posted question where all the ELDERS came from!

think about it......oompa

• journey-on
    journey-on

I'll answer your questions the exact same way the elders answered mine when

I went to them with similar questions: "If you have to ask such speculative questions,

you are spiritually weak. Those are not things we need to think about."

• Terry
    Terry

If you think about it logically or rationally it hardly makes sense that a living creature would violate its own nature.

For example, I'm heterosexual and I can't imagine doing anything that would involve homosexuality. It violates my nature rather than my choices.

Why would a living creature made exclusively for heaven and "spirit" and worship in the most blissful state possible find it in any way preferable to violate their natural state to become corrupt and doomed?

It is by definition irrational and insane.

So, the story makes little or no sense to me.

Further, I've always wondered how the Angels could create/manifest/materialize human bodies of incredible complexity without being gods themselves with creative powers over life and death.

It doesn't "wash".

Why choose to be male?

If I had my own choice I'd rather be female; it is aesthetically more appealing to me.

It is ironic that the Watchtower Society frowns on its members "speculating" about matters poorly defined in scripture--while at the same time being guilty (over and over again) of it themselves with doctrinal flip-flops and wrong date-setting.

• tula
    tula

Where the angels (demons) that came here to have sex with the beautiful women before the deluge the only ones that rebeled or were there more angels that rebelled there after?

It is an old Irish legend, that when those angels fell from grace, some fell into the sea and became mermaids, some fell on dry land and became fairies. The really really bad ones became Trolls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit