Those of you who remained religious after leaving JWs:

by Awakened07 13 Replies latest jw friends

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

I'm still a JW, nominally and sitting on the fence, out of lack of credible alternative. I know for sure that I won't join another denomination, due to some creed I still stick to that I won't find in other churches, but I don't know as yet if I will stay as an observing sceptic outsider (which I'm already more or less) or end up as an agnostic.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I never was religious when I was a JW.

I was an idolator who placed everything the Watchtower's Faithless Slave said on a pedestal.

After I left the cult, I realised how evil I had been by placing everything the Watchtower's Faithless Slave said on a pedestal and that it was the same as bowing down to Nebuchadnezzar's image on the Plain of Dura (Daniel chapter 3).

That is when I went to Jesus in prayer and asked Him to forgive me.

Now I place everything He tells me through the Holy Spirit on a pedestal.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I never went through a stage of atheism, but on the other hand I never became intimately involved in religions again though I believe all mainstream Christian religions are valid. I associated for a time with an evangelical group the pastor was far more christian personality wise, than any elder or FDS.

The crucial problem with the JWs is that they are not a religion with a christian soul but rather a judaic one, they are not interested in having a real relationship with the Christ whether they are of the "anointed" or not. In fact the Christian soul has been cut out of them.

• tula
    tula

If Mystery Babylon IS indeed the empire of false religion....and the scriptures say "get out of her, oh my people, if you do not want to share in her plagues....I would take that to mean GET OUT of ALL those "religions". I guess that means we are just to have our own personal philosophies, our own personal spirituality, our own "communication" with a creator....who knows. But I would heed the warning not to be involved with any of it. Christendom is not much better than WBTS. They are all being told that they will sprout wings and fly outta here when things start getting rough. It is all escapist. It is all centered around arrogance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit