Questions about Maddy Mccann

by Junction-Guy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

What is the Jw connection in the missing Maddy case? Is one of her parents a JW ?

Also when I was in Nashville in the motel I was watching CNN and they mentioned that a local church that the Mccanns had visited was being searched for evidence, would this happen to be a kingdom hall? Did anyone else see this on CNN ?

• journey-on
    journey-on

Why do you think they are witnesses?

Aren't they both physicians? I can't imagine educated doctors being JW....not to say that it's impossible.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Im not sure Jouney On, but there was a case on here (JWD) just in the past few months about a missing girl whose JW parents had visited with the pope enlisting his help, I was just wondering if this was the same case?

As for the doctor thing, well they could have been converts, I realize the chances of someone growing up a JW and becoming a doctor are slim, but people from all walks of life join this cult, so it is possible.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I found this page on the Internet it's a blog by her father:

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Bikerchic, I didnt have time to read the whole thread, but what I did read seems to indicate that the parents are Catholic since they mentioned going to mass.

So if this isnt the same case, then what happened to the story of the missing JW girl? Does anyone remember that story? It wasnt too long ago, maybe back in the spring.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

still looking for answers so BTTT

• Angharad
    Angharad

I remember the thread and it is the same case - it wasnt the parents who had the JW connection, it was a man that was treated as a suspect when she first dissappeared. I think someone posted that he had a JW connection somehow, I cant be sure and I may be wrong but I dont think it turned out to be true.

• snowbird
    snowbird

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/135399/1.ashx

I think the above link may be what you're looking for, Junction-Guy.

Sylvia

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Madeline's mom was visiting a Catholic church in Portugal.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Both parents of Maddie are of Irish extraction and therefore Catholic their ancestors came to Britain two or three generations ago. That's why they visited the Pope and the local priest in their holiday town in Portugal gave them the church key to go there as they wished (was subsequently criticised by his archbishop for this).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit