blood card

by 4digitcode 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• carla
    carla

I know they are supposed to carry it, just wondering if in a case with a ubm they might keep a copy.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The new card has a section (saying - can't remember the exact words"

the holder of the card consents to " members of the HLC and elders having access to my medical records."

Numerous witlesses are accepting blood on the quiet and the borg wants to find these people.

HB

• Ex Nihilo
    Ex Nihilo

Ha! I would love to see a copy of that! That sounds scary.

Why on earth would elders need to see that?

Make sure you hold to a promise? Or maybe theres better stuff like Birth control consults (for non married people) or abortion records.

That would be a red flag.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

The final straw for me with being a witness was the blood issue .

In the past six yrs. my mom and my sister (both JW's) have had open heart surgery and I was a witness for their DPA's and blood cards . When my mom had her surgery I studied very hard the Bible verses given and the options offered it was then I began to get a different understanding what abstain from blood meant . I was appalled how my mom and sister just gave over their decision making process to whatever the society "said" . They neither one understood what fractions they could or would accept . My mom had written in under fractions she would not accept" Albumin" (some other witness family member helped her on that one) I was put in a bad spot because after surgery she had a major stroke and was in a coma the doctor and nurses wanted to give her Albumin for complications to the heart surgery . I had to uphold her wishes ......

When my sister had her consult the Doctor told her they rarely ever transfuse whole blood anymore it is fractioned into what is needed. Yet she just parroted the Watchtower and didn't really understand any of it . I tried very hard with her to see she should allow at least certain fractions .

They both thought oh how wonderful the WBTS was they are smarter than the doctors ......Just give us EPO before surgery vitamin K shots blah ,blah , blah ...the doctors have a hard time dealing with their naive grasp of true medical issues . BTW did you know EPO raises the risk of stroke .

Both my family members survived their bloodless surgeries . But because of my in depth study of the issues and seeing hypocrasy of saying blood transfusions are wrong ,but fractions are okay ,I tore up my blood card went to my doctor and told him whenever this becomes an issue it is up to him and I to make the decision on my healthcare.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit