Anyone else baptized in 1976..

by zeroday 17 Replies latest jw friends

• pixie corpse
    pixie corpse

I was. Dont remember the exact date. I was 14 years old and clueless.

• Clam
    Clam
    I was 14 years old and clueless.

For the WBTS Inc. that sounds like an ideal candidate. Welcome to the board Pixie!

Clam

• Grammy
    Grammy
    My mother was baptized in 1974. And yes, it was because of the 1975 fevor.

Both my husband and I were baptized in April 1974 at the first circuit assembly we ever attended, we "studied" in the truth book for 6 months before being baptized, we were told we better "get on board before it was to late" I was so afraid of my children being destroyed because I wasn't a JW, I had let them convince me we would all be destroyed in 1975 if we were not JW's

I didn't come to my senses until 2000 when I DA'ed

Grammy

• ronin1
    ronin1

I was baptized in 1971. Does that help?

• evita
    evita

My mother was baptized in 1974 and I was baptized a year later at the age of 15.

I definitely remember lots of "buzz" around the whole 1975 thing. The folks in my cong. were very excited but trying not to show it. They kept quoting the scripture "no one knows the day or the hour" but the excitement was palpable. Everyone seemed very loving and happy to be going into the "new system" together. Even into 1976 the feeling was that the big A was right around the corner.

Of course, time passed and nothing happened. The monotony of "the truth" became unbearable and I mentally left around 1978. It took me another 5 years to physically leave.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

do you remember what the sacred secret was?

• Gopher
    Gopher
    do you remember what the sacred secret was?

I don't remember it exactly. The word "administration" was involved.

It probably had something to do with God using the Witchpower babble and crafty society in the last daze.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

2-14-76 w/o a dedication; didn't think of that until the bapdismal(no that is not mispelled, but i am drunk) talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit