Do Not Be a Victim of Propaganda! vs Sept 07 OKM

by Black Sheep 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freyd
    freyd

This is the bottom line. Saying something is "Bible-based" doesn't make it true.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Thanks, Black Sheep; I have saved this thread to my "JWD Favorites".

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

excellent reasoning - also saving to my favourites

• free2beme
    free2beme

As much as a good illustration makes for a good point, from time to time. The Watchtower does it far to much, as the minds of their people have become so simple that anything complex is confusing to them ...

When they say something about a pipe that is two open, could let anything through including sewage. Well I would respond to this, a pipe is only as good as the installer. If a person installs a pipe well enough, with proper educate and knowledge of the product. Then the chance of sewage getting through would be unlikely. Yet if they rely on someone else to do it, without actually taking the time to learn the proper technique themselves. Then they will never know if it was done well enough to stop sewage and in time they may get so used to the sewage, they will not know the difference between dronking clean water and crap.

So if you want a pipe to knowledge or water, that is clean. Take the time to get a proper education that you researched and do not get one that is put there by only one person who is known for making a lot of mistakes in the past. That way, you can be someone who actually knows where his source is coming from and not rely so much on bad workmanship.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles
    My father was baptised in 1939. 27 years after this prophecy, when I
    was 15 years old, he let me have a front tooth pulled instead of
    straightened because, once again, Armageddon was being counted in
    months. I would not have done that if he had not polished the WT's
    cup by hiding that information from me.

Sorry to hear that you father had you front tooth pulled out! It sound like your father could afford to have you teeth straighten. I know back in your fathers days, people had their teeth pulled out all the time because it was cheaper! Even in the 60s and 70s and now people pull their teeth because of the expense.

• sparrow
    sparrow

linking this too - I think I can use this. Thx

• Mr Fool
  • Zoos
    Zoos

marked

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

very good quotes from the Awake and great comments. Thanks

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Awake: The propagandist makes sure that his message appears to be the right and moral one and that it gives you a sense of importance and
    belonging if you follow it. You are one of the smart ones, you are not alone

compare to:

"But Jehovah's servants already belong to the only organization that will survive the end of this wicked system of things." Watchtower 2007 Dec 15 p.14

"But if we were to draw away from Jehovah's organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy." Watchtower 1993 Sep 15 p.22

Awake: "So we need to be selective. We need to scrutinize whatever is presented to us, deciding what to accept and what to reject."

Compare to:

• "At that time, the direction that you receive from Jehovah’s organization may seem strange or unusual. But all of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether we agree with them or not, because obeying these instructions will save our lives." (W 11-15-13)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit