OK-who's already carving their pumpkins?

by exwitless 10 Replies latest social family

• exwitless
    exwitless

Tonight, my 9 year old and I are going to dig our hands in the pumpkin brains. I love carving pumpkins again. Here's one of them we made last year, our 1st one since out of the borg:

Sorry the picture is so big. I'll post a pic of our new one when we're done with it.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I live in florida and if you carve a pumpkin here it is so hot and humid it starts to spoil before the next day

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

same here, we gotta wait.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

That is the Coolest Pumpkin I've ever seen!!

• knock knock
    knock knock

Cool pumpkin exwitless! I've never ever carved a pumpkin. Ever.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I finished GROWING our pumpkin, does that count? Naomi's a little disappointed, it's barely five inches across. We'll have to get a store-bought one to flesh out our decorating.

• orbison11
    orbison11

cool

there are some places on the net you can print out patterns for really cool/detailed pumpkin carvings

orb

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, you neophyte halloween-decorators you! You're so cute! Those kewl pumpkin carvings are achieved by using a PATTERN. Here's some samples from the web.

http://www.dltk-holidays.com/halloween/mpatterns.htm

I remember reading an article of a fanatical dentist artist who always won his local pumpkin carving contest. He used his dental drills for the fine work. In the absence of dentist drills, the link above gives some GREAT tips on pumpkin carving. I learned a lot tonight looking it up.

• journey-on
    journey-on

When you think about it, isn't it amazing that something as simple as carving a pumpkin is a big deal to ex-jws? The first time you participate in even a small "worldly" activity, you feel so-o-o liberated!

Beautiful carving, exwitless!

• exwitless
    exwitless

Jgnat - you gave away my secret! Just kidding. Yes, it's from a template. Right now, we're working on a ghost-themed pumpkin. I'll post a pic when it's all done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit