Being true to yourself

by blueviceroy 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

You know ,I was studying with someone who was a Jw and came to this forum thinking it was a jw thing and found something I didnt count on and that was people that had bee there in it and saw it for what it was.I read so mant posts and realized that I could never ever live like that pushing things on people instead of really living in a way that mattered To all people that are lurking and still Jw I hope that maybe you will think about being honest instead of being trusting I cant help but feel that stepping back is something too few people do in any aspect of life and the feeling I have about being fed a line of crap must be pretty minor compared to the lifers out there who woke up I realized there was no way I could ever be a jw The whole time I was studying I was struggling with my own common sense that kept whispering to me that what I was hearing could really be coming from a grown man of approx. 50 years of age Being true to yourself will keep you happy If you are living a lie your life will be meaningless and desperate the erosion of all that is good in you is inevitable secrets kill slowly and its no kind of life Complete honesty takes courage and strength but it is the only way to live I dont wont to sound preachy and I apolgize if I do > But Im really relieved that I only had a close call< I feel as if jws prey on peoples good intentions and desire to live a good life As anti jw as this must sound Let your consience be your guide.( is that how you spell consience?)

• Gopher
    Gopher

The word you're looking for is conscience!

Gopher (of the better-late-than-never class)

• Open mind
    Open mind

You just made my day!

Open Mind

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Exactly right .....listen to your own conscience be true to yourself .

It took until I was 44 yrs. old to figure out that was why I was so unhappy as a witness . I allowed my own conscience to be silenced and substituted words from a publishing company to guide my steps . When I did this I would have reoccuring feelings of guilt because I was not being true to myself .

These past two years I have spent a good amount of time reflecting , thinking about what I really believe and want out of life.One thing I do know is I am taking my time sorting through and getting rid of what is garbage ,keeping what is still good and leaving space for new ideas .

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

i'm happy for you it was just a close call. i was 13 when they got me.my dad brought me into it and then peaced out. so all my spiritual mothers and fathers took 'care' of me and made sure from such a young age i would already have the mantra in my head 'where else shall i go?' took ten years to break free. those who live by your motto either go crazy in the religion or leave eventually when they are strong enough or when being true to themselves got them df'ed.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I applaud your thought process Blueviceroy!

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

BlueV

Wise words indeed.

And when some other searcher come looking, here they are to instruct and warn.

Gives ya the warm fuzzies, donnit?

Roller

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit