Vindication 3 1932 quote about reading Rutherfords books better than Bible

by beginnersmind 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• beginnersmind
    beginnersmind
    1932 "If you spend 15 minutes reading each of Rutherford's books you would get more pleasure than you would reading the Bible for a whole year" {VIN3 383}

This is twice now ive seen this quote posted on topix.net and when I asked for confirmation of it the first time over there I didnt get any. When I searched online I managed to find the Vindication 3 book but it didnt go upto page 383. Can someone verify that the above quote is accurate or check this book if they have it? Thanks.

• VM44
    VM44

It is there, I have seen it. It would be nice to have scans of the actual page.

Rutherford was also said to be the "World's Foremost Bible Scholar"! I think that was also said in one of the Vindication "advertising" pages.

--VM44

• beginnersmind
    beginnersmind

Yes a scan of it would be great indeed. Im holding off telling a family member this quote until ive seen it with my own eyes.

• cathyk
    cathyk

It's part of an ad for JFR's books:

If the print's too small for you to read:

"For Busy People

We have made a selection of more than seventy-five of Judge Rutherford's concise, straight-to-the-point explanations of the most perplexing problems in the Bible and have arranged them in thirteen attractively bound booklets.

Each treatise can be read in just fifteen minutes, and more genuine satisfaction and profitable pleasure derived therefrom in that length of time than can be gotten from studying the Bible by yourself in a whole year."

-- Cathy Koenig

www.oldlighthousebooks.com

• cathyk
    cathyk

One correction: I meant to say "booklets," not "books."

Cathy

www.oldlighthousebooks.com

• eby
    eby

Page 383 follows the index.

"FOR BUSY PEOPLE

We have made a selection of more than seventy-five of Judge Rutherford's concise, straight-to-the-point explanations of the most perplexing problems in the Bible and have arranged them in thirteen attractively bound booklets.
    Each treatise can be read in just fifteen minutes, and more genuine satisfaction and profitable pleasure derived therefrom in that length of time than can be gotten from studying the Bible by youself in a whole year."

A list of these booklets follows the above.

eby

• beginnersmind
    beginnersmind

Thank you for the scan! Coming after the index explains why I couldnt find it online as the copy I found finished after the last normal page. Thanks all again.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This brings up a small issue: I would like to remind those of the "scanner" community that when they scan any of these older books, it is ALWAYS wise to scan the ENTIRE book, frontpages, body, endpages - ALL OF IT. One can never tell what little tidbit or nugget of crunchy truth will come in handy.

One unfortunate example of a large body of work diminished by the failure to do this is Research Applications International's CDs of early WTB&TS publications. I cannot recall seeing any publication in their archives that was not ONLY the BODY of the work.

Thank you for your consideration of this life-saving issue.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

FOR BUSY PEOPLE We have made a selection of more than seventy-five of Judge Rutherford's concise, straight-to-the-point explanations of the most perplexing problems in the Bible and have arranged them in thirteen attractively bound booklets. Each treatise can be read in just fifteen minutes, and more genuine satisfaction and profitable pleasure derived therefrom in that length of time than can be gotten from studying the Bible by youself in a whole year." Great find Begginers!! I just looked it up in a copy I have and it's in there!! lol

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Did you know that the secretary of the WT&BTS was asked to defend statements like these when grilled at length by a Congressman in an official hearing? Really funny stuff. Look for a thread on this in the near future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit