Lol Hubby's gonna get drunk as a skunk...

by dobbie 15 Replies latest jw friends

• dobbie
    dobbie

and i really don't care!!! His dads coming up and they are having a real ale steam train trip combined with a pub crawl, last time his dad drank 32 pints!!But i realised that this time i'm so free from the wt influence i hope they have a great time, get totally sloshed and can't wait to see them staggering home!

Just wondering if there's anything you particularly frowned on as a witnit but that doesn't bother you now?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

32 pints!?

I feel like such a lightweight!

• dobbie
    dobbie

Let's just say he practices his drinking skills most of the day and night on a daily basis lol!

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Just wondering if there's anything you particularly frowned on as a witnit but that doesn't bother you now?

Just off the top of my head: Happy hours , worldly association, the theory of evolution, atheism, an occasional curse word.

• What-A-Coincidence
  • Twitch
    Twitch

32 eh?

And I thought I was the King doing the "world tour" on all 15 taps at the local tavern

Ah, good times,....

• dobbie
    dobbie

Yep i wonder if 32 pints is some sort of world record lol i think i'd be dead if i drank that much!

• Priest73
    Priest73

tell hubby to come over. I just started. gotta handle of bourbon that needs helpppppp...

• greendawn
    greendawn

Drinking and feeling merry should have been fine even by the JW understanding that God made wine (alcohol) so that through it humans will rejoice from time to time.

The problem with drinking so much beer, like 32 pints, regularly is that it can make someone seriously fat. We are talking of over 12 000 calories in 32 pints when a person leading a sedentary life needs only about 2500 calories. All the excess becomes fat. Even 5 pints contain almost 2 000 calories.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

UK pints are more watered down the US pints ... if you want some good strong brew you gotta head to Canada!

Pub crawls are fun! It's been a couple years since I've been to one though, mind you a couple weekends ago I ended up crawling from one to the next due to being kicked out of a few for over intoxication. The next one will always let you in though, for a few minutes anyway.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit