Question about Sept. 11th

by pratt1 11 Replies latest jw friends

• pratt1
    pratt1

I spoke to a friend of mine yesterday who is a active Dub although his actions and decisions in most things would indicate that he is not a believer of the "troof".

We spoke about 9/11 and how horrific the event was for everyone.

One of the things we spoke about was how terrible it must be for the people who made the decision to jump out of the windows because of the intense fire, heat and smoke in the tower.

He commented that an elder in his hall mentioned that this act is still considered suicide and those persons would not be part of the resurrection.

How ridculous is that? Do they just make up the rules on a whim?

Does anyone know what the "offical postion" on this would be with the Borg?

I also found out that the several of the family members of the Dubs that died in the towers refused to participate in any of the cerromonies of 9/11.

In fact 2 had their family members names removed from the reading of the victims names.

I am sure none of these families has refused the money that has come from the 9/11 funds.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

He commented that an elder in his hall mentioned that this act is still considered suicide and those persons would not be part of the resurrection.

How ridculous is that? Do they just make up the rules on a whim?

Does anyone know what the "offical postion" on this would be with the Borg?

I also found out that the several of the family members of the Dubs that died in the towers refused to participate in any of the cerromonies of 9/11.

In fact 2 had their family members names removed from the reading of the victims names.

I am sure none of these families has refused the money that has come from the 9/11 funds.

Wow!

Excellent post, pratt1.

Sadly, it all rings true.

I think those poor souls that sought a speedy death would be viewed by most JWs as lacking faith in Jehovah and looking for the easy way out.

Horrific!

The reason for not participating is clear. They are no part of the "world". And as religious functionaries would be part of the services they would consider any involvement to be interfaith.

Sad, sad cult.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

You've got to be kidding me. I screamed out loud when I read this! Glad I am at home by myself!

God these people are delusional freaks. Some more so than others! This was no doubt some persons personal opinion. What an arrogant fool.

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

since Jesus said, no one TAKES my life, but I GIVE it for the sheeple, why is that NOT suicide?

• anewme
    anewme

Jumping to spare yourself certain torture and death is very humane.
    Those poor souls made a decision based on their human heart and conscience.
    They were no doubt religious people who like Jesus handed their souls over to God before jumping.
    They were jumping in self defense to an attack.

Religionists are all too quick to speak for God. Ive done it too. It makes me sick.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Not long after 9-11 I read that it would take 11 seconds to reach the ground from the top of the WTC. It doesn't sound like long, until you count 11 seconds going by on your watch and think of spending that time knowing you're going to die and wondering how bad it's going to hurt when you hit.

Hardly the easy way out.

I'm stunned by several recent examples of this kind of crap coming from JW's.

• emy the infidel
    emy the infidel

Great point about it being done out of self defense. In a moment of extreme trauma and in a panic, it cannot be classified as suicide period.

Passing judgement on those unfortunate victims is so hateful. Hateful.

Someone posted pics yesterday of a lady in a pink shirt who jumped. You can see the terror on her face. It always makes me cry, or want to. Her life was important, and having it stolen away by a friggin scumbag is not how it will end. The pompas ass who said they any of them won't be resurrected needs a big attitude adjustment.

• pratt1
    pratt1

NVRGNBK, you are probably right that the Dubs don't want to be part of an Interfaith event.

It's so foolish on their part, I attended 3 services and there was no discussion of religion or faith at 2 of them.

Not everyone who died had a particular religious belief, the services focused on the lives they led and the accomplishments of their families after their death.

Dubs are truly blinded by their ignorance.

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

That's just wrong.... i read a newspaper once that talked about japanese high school students killing themself after they received exam results not good enough to get into university. a few years later a professor at my college brought it up saying psychologically most of them don't actually decide ok i'm going to kill myself, they kind of just disassociate from their reality even for just a second...but that second is enough to jump out the nearest window. so imagine someone who has flames and smoke engulfing them? you know there is no other way out and you know you're already dead. it's reality. people were calling loved ones giving them their last goodbyes. i don' think most thought about it, it was just the only way out. if a pack of bears chase you towards a cliff are you going to run towards them and be ripped to shreds or jump off the cliff? i feel like even though it's impossible realistically to survive such a fall, it consists of more hope then walking straight into the danger on the other side. i'm really sad when i hear such comments. the lack of compassion and cold technical way of looking at things ...well from their cult's views anyway...is just sickening.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

That elder that said that was a complacent asshole, those unfortunate souls that jumped from the towers did so because they either had a choice of being burnt alive

or jumping to their deaths , another comment from a stupid head up your ass elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit