What unapproved song did you like/sing while a dub?

by What-A-Coincidence 41 Replies latest jw friends

• lies all lies
    lies all lies

Erotic City by Prince LOL the memory of my dub friends mom tripping all over herself trying to get to the stereo to turn it off and her older sister giving us hell for even buying it

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I was a big Siouxsie and the Banshees fan. I loved the twisted lyrics as much as the music. Check out the lyrics for "Melt!". Nowadays I play and sing along to a bunch of their songs every Halloween night in a dark house, the rather creepy ones that is. Also .... hmm, I don't think the JWs would have liked "Mystic Rhythms" by Rush....a friend of mine thought it was about deemunz. Or "She Bop" by Cyndi Lauper....loved that one. "Harvester of Sorrow" by Metallica, another favorite. Led Zep...I made a mix tape once for a friend and got it returned because it was "demonic" (and my friend was Catholic, not JW!).

• brinjen
    brinjen

Has Simon got a few terabytes to spare?

The list is endless, lot of Madonna, Green Day etc.

I remember must have been the late nineties, I was well and truly into my fade by then, bumping into a dub couple at the music store when I was in the middle of buying a CD single. The song? 'Semi Charmed Life' by Third Eye Blind! I didn't think anything of it until I saw the wide eyed stare at the CD in my hand, then I remembered the language warning sticker...

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Listening to Like a Virgin by Maddona on my way to FS with a pioneer! Also Depache Mode, good old 80s music!

• Scully
    Scully
    I got in major major trouble for singing and listening to Rod Stewarts "Tonights the Night" and Exiles "Kiss you all Over"

Ha! Me too!! "Kiss You All Over" was guaranteed to elicit a "TURN OFF THAT CRAP!!" from my dad. So was "Church of the Poisoned Mind" by Culture Club and Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach" and "Like a Prayer". I wasn't even living at home anymore when those two songs of Madonna's were first released, but he still felt the need to impose his will regarding Music That Debases™.

• IP_SEC
  • BFD
    BFD

I was such a young'un back then. I loved Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irp8CNj9qBI

BFD

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

i used to always get in trouble for singing christmas songs around christmas time...it's so hard not to

• Gill
    Gill

Christmas Carols and Christmas Pop Songs!!!

OK stop laughing at me! When all 'da sistas' were complaining about irritating those awful pagan songs were, I would just sit quiet and guilt ridden hidding how much I love them!

• eclipse
    eclipse

Losing my Religion,

Billy Jean

Bad

Thriller

Head Like a Hole- NineInchNails

Closer- NineInchNails

Any christmas charols, they get in your head! but especially Silent Night.

Any National Anthem.

Happy Birthday

Anything Madonnna

The Beautiful People http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCgBVvYDd_gThanks JD

Marilyn Manson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit