My New Avatar!

by Locutus of Borg 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Jimmi Hendrix, Bob Marley and Stevie Ray were huge influences on me. I had some older friends that went to Woodstock (the real one) and when they came back all they talked about was Hendrix doing the "Star Spangled Banner/Purple Haze". It was funny because I was already a fan of Hendrix's music and they sort of poo-poohed him. They came back converts to the Electric Sky Church and the Reverend J. H. Hendrix.

Greendawn, Bogie is one of my favorite actors. I aleays try to catch his movies when they show on TCM.

BFD, it freaked me out also.

The-Borg . . I do want it. I am beginning to get beyond the anger of the life I wasted in the collective so that avator, although cooler than kool, isn't *me* anymore. I will keep the tag Locutus of Borg forever though. Because like Jean Luc, all of us who have escaped the Borg will carry some painful (and in some cases), a debilitating, part of it with us forever. BTW, that scene your avatar is from is one of my favorite STTNG episodes. That one and the one where Jean Luc lived an entire lifetime in 20 minutes on that planet that was being consumed by it's own sun.

Highlander, there can be only one. Another favorite series of mine. My wife and I recently purchased the entire series (all 5 seasons) on DVD. We are looking forward to enjoying it all over again.

All, that move "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" scared the jeboobers outta me when I first saw it in a theater in London, Ontario. Man, I had the night light on for MONTHS after that! BTW, I met Donald Sutherland briefly on a shuttle bus at the Las Vegas Airport back in 87 or 88. I remember looking at him, realizing who he was, and being struck by how large his head was! Anyway, he realized that I recognized him and he said "hello". Me, being somewhta starstruck blurted out"Hello, erm . . didn't you used to be Donald Sutherland?". I swear thats what came out of my mouth . . anyway, we both had a good laugh over that. We chatted for a few minutes during the short ride. He was a very gracious and nice man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit