The Way to Paradise by Van Amberg....crazy conversation with Mom

by restrangled 12 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

A few days ago My mom had complained that she had loaned out her copy from many years ago and one of her brother's lost it.

One of my cousins said he could order it over the internet and had it shipped to her.

The new version has a complete index in the back of all the errors and false predictions. She promptly whined to me that the apostates had gotten a hold of it and were trying to make the society look bad.

I told her she was being paranoid and that books are always updated. In addition, I said that "Apostates along with anyone else couldn't just take up publishing rights from someone else." I refrained from making any other comments, and believe me I had plenty.

She then said, "Well, it came from the internet and I just wasted $20.00."

Amazing how they have the R and F sold on the horrors of the internet.

Does anyone know the story so I can set her straight?!!!!

Thanks in advance,

r.

• badboy
    badboy

WHAT THE BOOK ABOUT?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Not sure of the story - was it from ordered from Lulu.com ?

Anyway, here is a PDF of the original - maybe she would be comfortable with that.

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=4fdb0e390ccd0223a4f7ad81addf78f2

It's worth a read - it might make her see the dodgy predictions for herself.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Alpha Omega, thanks for the link but it only shows Paris Hilton nonsense. I'm not sure what to do.

r.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Have you actually looked at it yourself? Is it possible that her description is a bit exaggerated?

It would be helpful if you could identify the source of the book, or describe it a bit more thoroughly.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Restrangled,

Look towards the bottom and you'll see a countdown. When the numbers get down to zero you will see a golden "download" button. Click on that and you'll be able to download the file.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    Alpha Omega, thanks for the link but it only shows Paris Hilton nonsense. I'm not sure what to do.

Click on the link, then scroll down... You'll see a countdown timer at the bottom left of the screen.

After 30 seconds it'll turn into an orange button.

Click that to download the book.

AO

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thanks everyone for your help, I got it!

r.

• VM44
    VM44

Soon after The Way to Paradise was published, Rutherford changed many of the doctrines contained in the book, making it obsolete almost overnight!

Van Amberg didn't write anymore books after this book as Judge Rutherford then became the sole author of all books and booklets published by the Watchtower.

--VM44

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

It may have been this copy...

http://www.lulu.com/content/185257

This is a high quality enlarged replica reprint of the rare 1924 book by W. E. Van Amburgh, who was the Secretary/Treasurer of The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society for 43 years. It is worth noting that in his time W. E. Van Amburgh was one of only five members of the Watch Tower Editorial Committee qualified, as the Watch Tower said, "to approve as Truth each and every article appearing in these columns.” He must have been very thoroughly familiar with all the Watch Tower’s teachings to hold such responsibility. Today many of the doctrines taught in "The Way to Paradise" are no longer taught by Jehovah's Witnesses. This edition includes the biographical supplement, "Who was W. E. Van Amburgh?"

Maybe ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit