Revised "United in Worship" book leaves out chapter on blood???

by Witness 007 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Making blood a conscience decision wolud split the orginization in half...they will never do it! They just want to make it as flexible as possible so less people die.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    'Yes ! Blood was banned. But that was during the days when screening for AIDS, hepatitis etc didn't take place. When Blood became 'safe' Jehovah no longer needed to protect his faithful servants from those diseases and so he allowed New Light to shine through to the Governing Body, and now we can safely accept blood transfusions!'

You sure got that right.

• KW13
    KW13

i hope they remove the ban on blood cos i got loads of witness friends who use it to prove many a non-existent point.

• bluebell
    bluebell

I disagree - I can't see how they could ever leave the blood doctrince, just make it a little more flexible.

Also, when I left a few years back I'm sure the dubs only studied one book before being dipped. But I doubt any get dipped w/o knowing about the blood issue, isn't it part of the questions?

• tfjw
    tfjw

In response to the first post above, the Middle Eastern version of "United in Worship of the Only True God" (uw-Q) is still being used for recruiting in the "free home bible studies". The 20th chapter is still the same concerning blood. No changes in the Middle Eastern version. The printing dates on this one are 1983, 1988, 2005, printed in Tel Aviv.

• steve2
    steve2

It's simply called "down-playing" a significant doctrine for the sake of appearances.

At heart, it will remain a core doctrine, unlikely to change .

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The Original United in Worship book is very harsh and right- wing but as we have discussed today at length the society is trying to be more middle ground and conservative....so these Harsh Chapters were axed.

• undercover
    undercover
    ...there still seems to be some sort of behind-the-scenes power struggle over the blood doctrine going on.

Meanwhile, people continue to die while these fools keep fucking around...

• journey-on
    journey-on

WTBTS Legal is in a real quandry right now. There is something in the wings they are trying to resolve before

they put it "out there", imo. I still think Legal is running the show right now. Just my intuition.

• M.J.
    M.J.

BTW, it's now called "Worship the Only True God"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit