You know you're going to get old - do you take better care of yourself?

by truthseeker 13 Replies latest jw friends

• BrentR
    BrentR

Working out can be a double edged sword. You increase the oxidative damage by increasing your metabolism so it is imperative to take anti-oxidants. You tear up bone cartilage so you also have to increase your amino acid intake so your body has the raw materials to rapidly rebuild the tissue.

I work on people almost every day that were hardcore weight trainers and by thier 50's they have nearly destroyed thier joints. We have to look at our bodies as checking accounts and not write checks that our bodies can't cash.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Everyone tells me I look younger than I am, that can be a mixed blessing of sorts at times. I do try to take care of myself, the condos/townhomes I live at has a small fitness room which I make use of 3x a week. As I do get older I notice I have to watch what I eat more since the pounds seem to add up more easily, so it's usually Subway for dinner on the evenings I work 3-11 these days.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

If I knew I was going to make it to 65 I would have taken better care of myself!

Snoozy...

• Highlander
    Highlander

I need to take better care of myself. I'm gaining weight and starting to look past my age.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit