so i signed up for EHarmony...

by SnakesInTheTower 17 Replies latest members private

• Sassy
    Sassy

I haven't used EHarmony.com... I'm on another site..

however I've heard good things about them.. good luck

• yknot
    yknot

ahhhh I hope all goes well, many people I know have found success with that site.

BUT NO ONLINE JW DATING......must have been in the bathroom for that comment/article on a bad speaker system day.

Hmmmm........just checked and sure enough

JWConnect , JWmatch , Partnersinthetruth , and JWconnections are all up and still running!

y

• Tara
    Tara

Good for you. I used eharmony, too, and met a nice guy. Unfortunately, the distance between us was not conducive to a meaningful relationship. I did not like them for that reason. I met my current (and best b/f in the whole world) on yahoo and he was only one town away from me. If I remember right 50 miles is the beginning distance range on eharmony.

I will say, in my experience, most guys on dating sites were just in it for the sex, not for a LTR. Try not to be too obvious. I would suggest you just be open, honest and yourself. I think your answer to the religion question was spot on for now.

Good luck. I hope you meet somone special.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Snakes,

Please keep us posted as to what happens. I recently did a profile on eHarmony and answered the gazillion questions they use to find matches. I almost chose JW for religion because I figured it would be someone who was halfway out but also decided to go with the Christian category. However my profile is not open to matches as I haven't officially joined because I'm afraid of meeting a freak or serial killer. I'm thinking about trying "Its Just Lunch" since every match is always in-person and its...well...just lunch. Best wishes on your journey!

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

snakes, let us know if it works out and you get to be on one of their commercials dancing. lol

good luck bro.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I was on EHarmony for about a year before I met my last BF.I met him on another site and we were together for a year and a half.

I personally didn't like EHarmony.I met 2 guys from there and they both were freaks.I'm on another site right now but I'm not activly looking.At the moment mne seem to be more trouble then there worth.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I took the free evaluation on eharmony... They said they could not help me. Seriously, I am part of a small percentage who is unmatchable through their system. I think that is kinda cool. Best of luck to ya, Snakes.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Sounds interesting and brave, bro - I wish you the best!

About your comment: "Also, photos...I probably need to put up a more casual photo right now....but havent had the time. I have closed a couple of matches sent to me based on photos alone. Does that make me shallow?"

NO! I agree that it just makes you human. There may be some people who say that looks don't matter to them at all, but I sure know they matter to me! I would never respond to someone that I didn't have a good picture of, and I'd delete on the basis of looks alone in some cases just like you did.

I'm not sure if it's just biology or something more, but there are a lot of people we are just simply not attracted to sexually and never will be, so why waste time. With friendships, I completely don't feel that looks are an issue, but when you're talking looking for a partner in sex and marriage, it better be someone you're really into physically. When that dies, it's really hard to keep the marriage going.

Let us know how it goes!

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit