Is anyone thinking of attending the Service Meeting next week?

by sweetface2233 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Thanks for the reminder. I planned to go to this mtg so as to hear this info first hand. It'll probably feel fairly strange since I haven't set foot in a KH in several months. I'll slip in during one song and slip out during the other.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Uh, no. I'm just getting over being sick. I don't need to be again.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    but I may approach an elder afterward and ask why JWs can't read anything except JW literature

I am sure that any elder, or able Witness, woulld say to you something likw ' Oh no that is not the case at all, we recommend study' ..In fact that is what the article says if you read it selectively. The article warns against deeper study groups and spending a lot of time in them and it recommends their own publications,- but as I read it, does not actually say that a dub should not use another translation or commentary. I am sure that many of the 'older school' would ignore it if it did.

Of course that will not stop some from taking this a step further and saying that other stuff should not be read, but that is not actually what it says..IMHO anyway...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit