How Reported Field Service Isn't Real

by metatron 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

Busy work for the drones.

• 5go
    5go

I have to say I just roll a four sided dye when turning in my time. Yeah! snake eye.

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

Just another example that the borg is false

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I cannot remember that many blatant time wasters where I was. They always tried to keep the return visits close together, and work them all if they had one in a given area.

What I liked was the amount of times we would be working a street and no one is home. That happened once, with streets that had one or two out of 50 home. I especially liked it when people would be not interested. Then there is the confusion if one group finishes while the other got in, and we would get to waste a good 15 minutes. Or when we were odd and I would waste the time standing out, looking at the skimpy landscaping between the sidewalks and the street.

One of my personal favorites is doing "street work" on a street where no one is going to be. I picked a street that had no businesses, and walked a length and back, at a time when no one is going to be there. I placed zero, and still counted that as an hour of service (and the only "service" they got all month).

No, I didn't inflate my time outright. I would count the morning as 2 hours if we went out from 9:30 AM to noon, including the coffee break in the middle; if I went out two mornings in the week, I would tack on the extra half hour to the next day (why they wouldn't allow us to go to the nearest quarter-hour while adding and put only the final total to the hour, I don't know). In retrospect, that is probably a good idea because my one hour a month probably helped get the hounder-hounder down on the hounders in my congregation. Nice payback for trying to set me up at a$$emblies to just meet other men--hopefully they got bawled out for the resulting one-hour times (and now, zero hours).

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

I have not been in the door to door work for 4 years and I still turn in time every month

to keep the elders off of my back. Doesn't it seen strange that no one asks me why they never

see me in service yet I report 4 to 5 hours every month? Maybe I should turn in 10

hours. Then I would be seen as reaching out and perhaps be appointed a Ministerial

Servant.

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

I have not been in the door to door work for 4 years and I still turn in time every month

to keep the elders off of my back. Doesn't it seen strange that no one asks me why they never

see me in service yet I report 4 to 5 hours every month? Maybe I should turn in 10

hours. Then I would be seen as reaching out and perhaps be appointed a Ministerial

Servant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit