little flock - great crowd

by studier 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Studier:

You are very welcome studier! If I have any other resources you need just say the word!

Bloody-good-show!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• JCanon
    JCanon

JC that was great info, but now I'm confused.

Biblically where do these beliefs come from?

For example how would they be proofed by bible verses?

Interesting. I'm realizing now that some things are rather obvious and others are dependent upon other fulfillment. For instance, Daniel mentions the "temple in its right condition" after 2300 "evenings and mornings." (Daniel 8:14). What can that mean. Some decide on an interpretation and once applied it identifies a specific temple organization appearing at a certain time in the Bible's chronology pattern. Then something else, like the vineyard parable has to match up with that application, but the two together confirm each other. The same goes for 1914, 1874 and other dates identified by the WTS. But if you never get past an interpretation of one or more of these applications (like some don't believe or realize that some of the parables given by Christ are actually prophetic), then the whole picture becomes irrelevant. So the most I can do is just give you, as I did, what some are using to interpret and apply that is related to it, just so that you're aware of it. It may be no more than an interpretation accepted by a few.

Like the Bible saying "I have other sheep not of this fold" tells you right there there is more than one fold, right? We read about ten slaves being sent out to do business. Who are these ten slaves? Only one of the slaves becomes the evil slave and forfeits the invested money that is given to the slave that had a 10-fold increase. I see that as the little flock separated from the goats being absorbed by the largest "other sheep" flock that has gathered. So it works out in the context of those scriptures, but beyond that, there is no other reference, which brings us to the point that some things in the Bible are purposely obscure and meant to be a "sacred secret" to be understood by a limited focal group. Things applied to the WTS, good and bad, would not readily be appreciated outside the cultic influence of the WTS; but those inside would relate.

JC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit