Iraq in the Bible, America in the Koran?

by gaiagirl 10 Replies latest jw friends

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

At the moment we all have our own ideas about the country called IRAQ, A friend of mine recently sent me an email with a list that surprised me- since I am not familiar with the modern names of many of the places mentioned in the Torah, Koran, and Hebrew Scriptures of the Bible. 1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq 2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization! 3. Noah built the ark in Iraq 4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq 5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq ! 6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq ! 7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq 8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq 9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel . 10. Amos cried out in Iraq ! 11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem 12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq ! 13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (remember their names?) 14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the 'writing on the wall' in Iraq . 15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq 16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq 17. The "wise men" that came to visit Jesus after his birth were from Iraq 18. Peter preached in Iraq 19. The 'Empire of Man' described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was a city in Iraq! And you have probably seen this one: Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq ! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in the Bible are Babylon , Land of Shinar , and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris And Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq means country with deep roots. Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible. No other nation, except Israel , has more history and prophecy associated with it than Iraq And also, This is something to think about: Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages... The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible) Koran (9:11 ) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; And there was peace. (Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?!

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

That Koran quote is incorrect.

• prophecor
    prophecor
    9:11

But (even so), if they repent, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity,- they are your brethren in Faith: (thus) do We explain the Signs in detail, for those who understand.

I'm affraid he's corect. This is what Surah 9:11 really says.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

There was a special on History Channel International last week that had the complete history of the region that is now Iraq. It covered from Sargon the Great to Saddam. Those Assyrians really knew how to put the fear of them into the locals.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Mesopotamia is the cradle of civilization. It is a shame that the US probably bombed to smitherings a lot of ancient treeasures and archeological sites of ancient ruins yet to be discovered.

They protected the oil though.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Little wonder, Islam shares much in common with Judaism. Common patriarchs, common god (even though they call him different names)

I dont know for sure though about the versing of Kohran. Like the bible the chapter and verse scheme maybe be a much later addition.

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

gaiagirl,

1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq

I don't think this is right. Mesopotamia did cover a very vast territory which at some point did include (all or at least part of): Assyria, Babylon, Syria, Turkey, Elam, and others.

But the Garden of Eden was not in Iraq. It most probably was situated in Turkey and although some of it or part of it may at one point have been considered part of Mesopotamia, doesn't mean it's the same as Iraq. I think you're using Mesopotamia interchangeably with Iraq and that's not correct. Again, Mesopotamia included present-day Iraq but it wasn't just made up of modern-day Iraq. It included other lands as well. Also remember that eventually, Assyria, Syria and Babylon became different kingdoms once the term "Mesopotamia" fell out of use. Each of them had their "turn" in being a powerful kingdom.

Justahuman - but super nonetheless

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Keep in mind that both books are a history of a people nothing more, nothing to do with a God. Man wrote these two books, much in them have been proven to be incorrect. Locations of land usually stay where they are through the centuries, only the names of those places could be changed by the people who dominate those lands throughout history. The books have been written re-written down through history.

Blueblades

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

Blueblades, that's just your opinion/belief. Just bcz you don't think the Bible is God's Word doesn't mean it's true. You're entitled to believe whatever you want, even if it's mistaken.

Justahuman - but super nonetheless

• choosing life
    choosing life

Didn't the jws have the Garden of Eden in a map on the cover of some book or Bible years ago?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit