My sister might be starting a fade.

by BrentR 8 Replies latest jw friends

• BrentR
    BrentR

Over the past two months she has been emailing me jokes and stories that no JW would ever read. I ran into her this weekend and she was talking about what she was going to do on her birthday today. Her language around me is also lightly "salted". Last spring she got her BS in nursing degree indicating she does not see the world ending in her estimation. She is married to an elder that has cancer which is not responding to treatment. I am suspecting that when/if he does not make it she will have little reason to continue the charade and make the move.

My family comes from a very long line of JW's going back to before WWI and very few have ever left. I get a sixth sense that she has changed and I have never been around someone fading before. When I was a JW they faded away and I never saw of spoke to them. After I left none of them spoke to me so this will be a first. If she does fade it will send a massive shock wave through my family since it has been 23 yrs since I left.

I am not a very intuitive person but I know my sis well enough to know something is up. The prospects of having a normal relationship with my sister once again is heartwarming to say the least.

• free2think
    free2think

Wow thats great Brent. Sounds very promising. Personally i think when people face majpr health problems themselves or family members it deos make you start to question things, because very often you are staring death in the face so to speak, it makes you re-evaluate whats important and what isn't.

This is what prompted my fade.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

I am sorry to hear that her husband has cancer. I hope she gets out and fades away!

• R.F.
    R.F.

Hopefully it is the case that she is becoming mentally unshackled from the Borg. I hope everything works out to where you do have a wonderful relationship with her.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

I really hope that she does fade!! Maybe the lack of love shown for her husband has something to do with it. Keep us updated it's great to have good news on this forum!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Very sorry to hear of your brother-in-law's trouble. Glad to hear that your sister may make
    the best of a bad situation. Be there for her.

• changeling
    changeling

You don't need intuition for this one buddy...She's going out!

changeling

• BrentR
    BrentR

She is a trauma nurse and is around death nearly every day which always changes your perspective. Even though her husband is an elder he has always been cool to visit with and has never given me the condecending attitude. After this latest round of chemo he want's me to teach him to fly fish. I hope he pulls through OK but if he doesn't I think that will be the pivotal trigger.

I have always thought of my sis a "lifer" JW so you can imagine my shock when she was talking about her birthday. This will indeed be a strange and interesting process to watch. Her and my wife get along real well and she knows we will be there when she realizes all her JW "friends" are not friends any longer.

Who knows, maybe I will be introducing a new member to JWD real soon. Of course my JW mom will probably end up on psych meds having two of her three kids "gone".

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

so sorry for her husband's illness. Really tough to go through that. I hope you get to teach him fly fishing - much better way to spend his final days than going to meetings and in service. Surround them with love - I feel that you do that anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit