Need a scan of forward from 1950 NWT

by Grammy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Grammy
    Grammy
    I was told it says....While inclining to view the pronunciation “Yah.weh” as the more correct way, we have retained the form “Jehovah” because of people's familiarity with it since the 14th century. Moreover, it preserves, equally with other forms, the four letters of the tetragrammaton JHVH (NWT, 1950 ed., Foreword, p. 25 [note: This admission was removed from the 1961, 1970, 1984 editions of the NWT]).

My husband wants to see a scan before he will believe this, can anyone help me please...I trashed all my old literature.

Sandi aka Grammy

• educ8self
    educ8self

What about that brochure/booklet, doesn't it cover that? You know a 32 page magazine sized dealio.. I'll see if I still have it.

• TD
    TD

Here ya go....

• Nathan Natas
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I hope that is satisfactory. The stuff at the bottom of the page is a bit of "read-through" where the scanner is seeing some of the text on the opposite side of the page.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Here it is.

http://i4.tinypic.com/54ajqpy.jpg

Compressed version shown here but the link above is for the actual size scan.

alt

You'll also see the same thing in the introductions to BOTH Kingdom Interlinear Translations (1969 and 1985), I think that educ8self is right, it is also in the Divine Name brochure AND it appears in the Watchtower's 1972 "Bible In Living English"

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

WOW - just like a bus : you wait and wait then THREE come along at the same time !

• Grammy
    Grammy

Thank you so very much...he has it in his hand reading it

I suppose he thinks I make this stuff up!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

1969 Kingdom Interlinear Translation (but 1950 foreword)

(note, the previous page also says that the pronounciation is uncertain)

alt

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

1985 Kingdom Interlinear Translation

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit