Has anyone ever been to the Dee Events Center Utah convention?

by Cheetos 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

I would love to know if I have any old friends in this forum from my old area I used to live at, it was in the Northern Utah district, we had our district conventions at the Dee events center at Weber State University. I used to be in a lot of dramas a long time ago, until I fell on my head and damaged my brain I lost a big chunk of it on my right frontal lobe and temporal tip, it left me quite FUBAR at times. I had so many seizures during the meetings that the seizures were literally killing me, so I stopped going besides being embarrassed by them, I still read the magazines from time to time.

I do my own research sometimes, and yes I know they frown on reading anything that is not printed by them (weird).

Oh and don't worry, I am not going to report you to elders for being in this fourm, I have no agenda I just a want a few friends.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I lived in Orem, Utah from 74-84. I think I went to the Dee Event center in 82, 83, 84 and then went back to visit in 86 or so.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Cool, I went to the events center with my aunt a few years back but all the movment and noise kept triggering partial seizures, they are a pain.

Shane

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I lived in SLC from '74 through '80, and and I attended conventions there every year.

Justitia

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I was there in '81, '82 and '83. I lived on Kershaw Dr. about 5 minutes away. I loved to go to Marie Callendar's for lunch.

I miss Utah, it's beautiful, my mom is there visiting right now.

Service was a trip, Jw's talking to Mormons.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Ah Kershaw Av , that is right next to Ogden High School that is a neat old building, I used to be a maintenance man there for the school district. I had a good friend near there named Charley and his lovely wife. And my wife had a cousin just north of there a few blocks he was always kind to me, I used to go to his hoouse and he would show his slides, he had a Airdale dog named Buff.

I lost my daughter her name was Spring back in October of 2005 , a doctor gave her the wrong medication and too much of it, needless to say I am sueing him big time. No one came to her visitation after her death that was Witness's : -(

Shane

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Shane - so sorry for all your grief. Yeh, those witnesses are pretty comforting.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Hello, is anyone here?

I am here if you are : - )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit