Why is god so angry?

by keyser soze 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

In reading the scriptures, it is clear that God has some serious anger issues, not to mention insecurities. How does he deal with anyone who displeases him in the Old Testament? He not only kills them, but their children, and their children's children. He can't stand the fact that there might be another god out there that people might want to worship, so he kills them and destroys all monuments to those other gods. He decides that all humanity deserves to be wiped out.

His son, the reasonable one, steps in. He says "Father, don't do anything rash. Let me go down and try to reason with them." And so he does. And just when you think all is well again, just when you think the old man has mellowed in his old age: we get Revelation.

So what is this guy's problem? Why is he so pissed off? Was it because he didn't have a father? A tumultuous childhood? Too much violence on TV?

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

because the bible was written by men. it is their sadistic fantasies that people hold so near and dear.

my god is nothing like that. the god i believe in will sit at the bar, and bullshit with you.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Read the OT.

You'll see He has issues with his woman.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    the god i believe in will sit at the bar, and bullshit with you.

I think I met him once. He alway buys the first round too.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

actually, you can order water, and presto, it becomes an ice cold beer.

and don't even get me started on what he does with my cigarettes. lol

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

Because I was throwing things at him again today

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Because I was throwing things at him again today

Did ya get him?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    actually, you can order water, and presto, it becomes an ice cold beer.

O.K.....Sign me up.....

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

Yep.. lol.. Im a great shot

LTF

• Gopher
    Gopher

The Old Testament God gets angry because of rascally people who simply have a mind of their own.

Kind of like when Elmer Fudd gets angry at Bugs Bunny for little or no reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit