Easy Field Service time, oh yeah baby!

by monophonic 11 Replies latest jw friends

• monophonic
    monophonic

i hope these images work below.

i was at the laundermat, watching this lady do her "street witnessing". these photos were actually the most attentive she was b/c she was wondering what the hell i was doing taking photos of her.

for the hour i watched her, she talked to nobody. when i walked by earlier i made eye contact and smiled and she avoided my eyes. that lady sitting next to her just sat down on her own to wait for the bus, the witness didn't engage with her at all.

and her Awake! wasn't that high, most of the time her hand rested on her stomach and the Awake! mag wasn't visible b/c it was flipped limp onto her body.

the most active thing she did was pull out her moisturizer and rub it on her hands.

this is funny, but it also shows the mentality of many jehovah's witnesses, there's a reason the 'urgency' isn't there to get the word out and i believe that it's b/c deep down everyone knows it's mostly bullshit.

and the continued information pounding of the same few bible doctrines over and over really sets people up to have the drone/stupidity mentality.

and thanks to the september KM, don't look too deep people, "we're supplying you with your daily rations".

Image Hosting by Picoodle.com

quite small, i'm sorry for the visually impaired.

have a good weekend!

• monophonic
    monophonic

sorry, i goofed on the second image, but the one is enough to get the idea.

• mavie
    mavie

Why didn't I think of that as a dub?

Everyone in my hall liked to work the rural territory. The stuff you have to drive 30min or more to reach.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I remember doing street work...it was an easy 2 hours. Usually 4 of us worked together in pairs...and we talked to each other. Then the elders got wise and told us to split up and work alone...well hell, that was no fun...we might actually have to talk to someone. Horror of horrors....here's a couple more time waster stories....

When I developed the gas station/laundromat route for our congregation years ago, we had a folder and kept careful track of what was placed. The folder went from pioneer to pioneer...but during big auxiliary pioneer months everyone wanted the EASY TIME...and the establishment owners booted us out because there would be 2 -4 car groups coming in during the 2 hours from 7-9am..... it took me weeks to get us pioneers back into the places..just in time for the next big push. The elders told us this was not our exclusive territory. We told them anyone could work with us anytime.....WITH us...... We needed that territory to keep from getting burnt out. We actually talked to people....

I left that congo and the last congo I was in before starting my fade....we had 2 routes...North and South....North...was a long rural version....we did laundromats, including in rural apartment complexes....hardly talked to anyone. I usually drove and made up the "whose turn is it next" rules...which made sure I got out at the places guaranteed to be devoid of people...and I always placed one magazine...and grabbed 4 off the shelf for the recycle bin.

What a waste of time and gas. Gas is averaging about the same as last year in this area....I can't believe I wasted all that gas.....all that money on dry cleaner bills, wear and tear on the car....for no money.... Compare that to what I do for work...I still spend money on gas..I still have wear and tear on the car....BUT no dry cleaners ...I wear t-shirt and blue jeans........and LOTS AND LOTS OF FILTHY MONEY BEING MADE

SnakesInTheTower (of the "not wasting time in FS anymore, BABY!" Sheep Class)

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

you did say she put moisturizer on, maybe she was lubing up for the next victim.

• moshe
    moshe

I am afraid she would have gotten an earful from me. She would have had to discuss unpleasant WT history or take a hike back to the KH.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I've seen that here too. It makes me so sad. They are always elderly and sitting in the shade, on a bench at the strip mall. They usually are just holding a magazine. I saw one older man just had a large bible. If I hadn't known what to look for, I would have no idea what they were doing either. I have never seen them talk to anyone. Just sit there. It is so sad.

• monophonic
    monophonic

looking back, i wish i would've said, "i hope you're not counting time, do you really think jehovah considers sitting on your ass and not speaking to anyone, but limply holding up an Awake! counting time?"

which would've been hilarious b/c i look the furthest from a jw would look and i had a punk rock t-shirt on.

eh, i can't scare old ladies, even the brainwashed ones.

very funny comments, you've made my weekend.

• changeling
    changeling

What a sad waste of life!

changeling

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How about pure dummy service? You take a walk down a deserted street and do "street work". I did that and reported an hour of service doing it. This way, you will not have to talk to anyone with the purpose of placing the rubbish. Rural street corners where there is nothing going on are perfect for this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit