Did You Donate Contributions To The Hall & Society?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My mom told me that the elders spent a lot of time in the Service Meeting expressing the NEED for donations. They showed that area congregations were even remodeling their Halls yet they weren't even covering needed expenses in their own Hall for utilities!

Within the same pep talk evening, they read a letter from the Society thanking them for the congregation's $200 donation!

I think the Halls are hurting but it seems that as long as the Society can get their money for the "worldwide work", it doesn't matter.

Do you think that the Society and locals are hurting because "we" don't give anymore???

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes I was a big donater - wife still donates quite a lot of my our money

• minimus
    minimus

The Hall I'm referring to has 60 people in attendance on a good day. Most are elderly or families of elders and servants. What a burden to put on such ones. It's better to merge congregations, in my opinion.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I would always feel so blessed after receiving my letter from the society, thanking me for my contribution to the ministry. I always sent mines straight to NY. It was like geting a letter from the President of the United States, only better as I knew it was from the only real working government on the planet.

• minimus
    minimus

And now look at you, Prophecor.

• arker
    arker

No I didn't donate because the WBTS said don't get a good education, so I couldn't afford it. I was just trying to supply myself with my own paper. (TP that is)

• minimus
    minimus

I agree about the education thing. How can the Society expect monetary support in this day and age from minimum wagers??

• prophecor
    prophecor
    And now look at you, Prophecor.

Look at me is right! Now I've morphed into the very thing they say will have no life, no future, no hope of a ressurection because I am a nasty evil Apostate. I think I want my money back!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1m7WbQa_qDE

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I used to, until I realised my free gifts were being lent out, only to be repaid with interest to one of the richest and greediest corporations in America.

Sisters in the Soloman islands ( according to the WT) dug the foundations of their Kingdumb Hell with their bare hands, becouse the congregation "could not afford shovels" ( according to the article)

Why didn't the WT send a free gift of money to buy shovels?

Because those little indegenous folks could not have afforded to pay back just the loan, let alone the interest.

I refuse to further their racketeering, or subsidise the pedo payoffs and fishing holidays in Alaska.

HB

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

2 great actors. Robert, and Joe. I am not familiar with this movie, but it reminds me of Goodfellas. Bit too violent for me. All you ppl who donated should be as mad as hell. Since when could you buy your way into this new world? Give your heads a shake, and demand it. Your money would have done some good donating to the Red Cross, ar the Sally Ann. Instead it bought real estate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit