sister in service in PANTS!

by Cellist 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Cellist
    Cellist

IPSec, Don't worry, I've only recently admitted to being female and living in Canada.

Cellist

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    I always wore pants in service in the coldest months. I even wore them to the meetings because we had to travel quite a distance and it wasn't safe to travel in "Society approved clothing", but I remember being counselled when one brother thought I was wearing them too early in the winter.

Whoa? What the hell? Around here there is no way you could wear pants whether it be in service or a meeting. I've never even seen a sister wear dress pants to a wedding.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I've only recently admitted to being femakle and living in Canada.

alt OK. I was worried there was something wrong with me for a second there!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I've only recently admitted to living in Canada.

I really get that part!

Very courageous!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

We use to have these two older sisters that came to the book study when it was in our home and they loved to wear pant suits . The conductor counciled them all the time how inappropriate it was .I loved them because they didn't cower to MEN any man . Finally after a local needs talk about sisters not wearing pants to meetings or service they caved . I thought it was a sad day .

I really missed those two gals ,while in service they would entertain us with stories about how happy they were after they got divorces from their husbands .They traveled loved life and one became a fishing guide in her sixties .

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I bet Brother Hounder is going to put a stop to that eventually. They will hound her to give up the pants in favor of a dress, which has to be exactly the correct length and cut. Then they will have a talk on the platform that effectively bans sisters wearing pants out in service or at the boasting sessions, no matter how cold it gets outside.

I feel that it is further evidence about how stupid and hypocritical this religion really is. The hounders have no right to counsel the whole flock that it is inappropriate for sisters to wear dress slacks out in service. That is effectively going back to the Victorian era, and that is inappropriate for society at large. When they can take a time machine and teleport the whole congregation back to 1880 and turn them loose in that year, then it would be OK to insist on sisters always wearing dresses. But in 2007, it is not acceptable.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Wow lucky sister, i always wanted to be able to wear trousers, esp out on cold windy days. Wonder how she got away with it?!We#d have been severly counselled if we'd worn them.

• yknot
    yknot

LOL.....I love my pant suits and have many....really why should I have to go and splurge on Kingdom Clothes Dresses. I don't work in an occupation that requires dresses and I have little ones who require me to bend over and get on the floor a lot. Besides did Jesus ever stop and say hey I gotta dress up to preach or hey Paul what is with the Kaftan? It is strictly a dresses and suits faith ! No as I recall it was something about being there to call the sinners and unrighteous. Obviously Jesus forgot to consult with the GB! ( of course he is now facing a JC) LOL

Only one Elder dared to speak to me about it.....( A 30ish convert who had been a JW less then 5 years)

I told him and that I would gladly stop wearing them if he could

A. Find it scripturally that my lilac with scallopped lapel outfit was wrong

B. He had to agree to purchase a similar outfit and wear it all day (pearls and high heels

included) to Work and TMS!

The little coward still avoids me like the plague!

Y

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

I wish that I had had the courage to wear trousers to the meeting when I was JW!

Now of course I would stride into the kingdumb hall in a trouser suit and my comments and suggestions at the Watchtower study/book study would result in me being thrown out!

But at the time I was still nervous about being too outspoken. Did make my mark a few times though when elders and other endangered species would come out with the most stupid remarks.

But nothing like what I would do now!!!!!!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Man how I wished I could have worn pants out in service in the winter here!! Freakin' freezin!!!

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit