Does anybody think the WBTS will ever 'ban' the internet?

by lfcviking 29 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Doubt it very seriously.

It would be like banning coffee.

They didnt ban TV when the sex abuse scandels played on it...

That is all

Thank you

PS: I have been know to be naive.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Every real jws knows that the stuff they put in writing is just to CYA, legal you know. The Internet has been banned for some time. People will view you suspiciously if you admit to using it. (in this part of USA anyway)

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

since when was aruba a part of the u.s.? maybe i should've paid more attention in geography class.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The society has in the past attempted to restrict the use of the computer. This goes back to the early days of the internet. A ban would be meaningless. If the internet is a df offence, what about those people who use the internet for work. The internet is ubiquitious. They can never go back to the old days.

They do officially ban looking at apostate sites. If you don't believe me just go to and elder and tell him you found something interesting about 607 on the internet and see what happens.

• Poztate
    Poztate

I love to tease my JW relatives. IF a question of ANY sort comes up in conversation I just tell them to Google it and the answer they seek will be right there.

Don't know if any have had the guts to type in Jehovah's Witnesses........yet...

• wednesday
    wednesday
    since when was aruba a part of the u.s.? maybe i should've paid more attention in geography class.

many of us are incognito. They get their knickers in a wad easily here.

• oompa
    oompa

the sept km does ban the internet, except for wt produced sites only. Most people will not even be able to GET to a WT site without using some other site first, so this pretty much kills the internet use.

bans books and literature too....oompa

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Wow, if they did ban the Internet already like some said, then I guess all the jws who have internet pages or myspace accounts or all the e-mails I get from my mom means they are no longer members!

• wednesday
    wednesday

Banned does not usually mean they will DF you. They don't have to. They just mark you. results are the same. So any who do not follow their rules will quietly be marked.The wts is very good at CYA and all the legal trickery stuff.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Though only time will tell for sure, I believe there is greater than 80% chance that once the Kool-Aid edition of the Puketowers get going, they are going to attempt to totally ban internet usage under the threat of disfellowshipping. The Internet is a greater threat to their existence than TV or movies, which could not expose the Tower in real time like the Internet can. They can try blacklisting certain words, but others will pop up like roaches.

I think they are fast headed in that direction even now. People that work with the Internet will have to find work that doesn't involve the Internet, no matter how much hardship that causes (the ban on college in the late 1960s, even though not rigorously enforced, caused many hardship). Those that use it for other purposes will also have to give it up, because they do not trust the members (any organization that would ban two people of the opposite sex spending any time alone together in situations that do not involve risk of sexual encounter will also be as distrusting about the Internet). True, TV and movies also exposed people to "bad" entertainment and "wasted" a lot of time that was for the ministry (video games as well). But none of those could expose the Watchtower in real time the way the Internet, with its apostate Web sites and forums going up, can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit