• ferret
    ferret

Happy Birthday WT

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Happy Birthday WT!!!!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

If you keep thinking: "There were birthdays celebrated in the Bible where people ended up dying. If God wanted us to celebrate birthdays, he would have put examples where believers celebrated birthdays." (These are Genesis 40:20-22, and Matthew 14:6-10) Thing about this: If that is true, wasn't John killed for spreading the gospel? If that is so, using that same logic, wouldn't you say that spreading the gospel is bad? In fact, if celebrating Birthdays were bad and it was a common practice, don't you think God would have mentioned somewhere not to do it? Also, the example of Genesis is when Pharaoh's dream was fulfilled. It had been prophesied that the baker would die and the death was the prophecy being fulfilled. Isn't it good that God's promises come true? And here's some scriptures to help: "One indeed judges a day above another day; and another one judges every day alike. Let each one be fully assured in his own mind. The one minding the day, he minds it to the Lord. And the one not minding the day, he does not mind it to the Lord. The one eating, he eats to the Lord; for he gives thanks to God. And the one not eating, he does not eat to the Lord, and gives thanks to God." (Rom 14:5-6) Job apparently saw no problem with birthdays as he did not stop his children from regularly celebrating their own special days (Job 1:4,5; 3:1-3). And Abraham had no problem giving a party for Isaac when he was weaned, a celebration of his special day. (Gen 21:8) If you are thinking: "We don't want to put too much importance on one person." "Isn't it putting a lot of attention on you when you are given a wedding/baby shower? Don't wedding anniversaries get the couple a lot of attention?" One other response you might get is: "Birthdays have pagan roots." Response: "Don't you wear wear wedding rings to be given even though they have a pagan origin? Do you go on honeymoons even though they have their origin 4,000 years ago in Babylon with what was then called the "honey month" after the wedding? Both the practice of funerals and the use of headstones can be traced back to pagan origin." And my favorite: "Jesus' body was wrapped in spices, "according to the Jewish tradition", that came from the ancient Pagan religious custom of mummification, and that was acceptable." (Acts 19:27; John 19:40)

• Kudra
    Kudra

Yes rene!

I am sure you shared in the wicked pagan tradition of having bridesmaids at your wedding??

It is so that the demons are confused as to which young lady is the real bride and will not steal away the true bride on her wedding day!!

:O

;)

BTW

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WT=!! I didn't celebrate my first one til I was 26. Even then I didn't enjoy it much...

I do now, and you will learn to as well...

Congrats!

-K

• PEC
    PEC

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit