"Government" 1926 J. Rutherford

by Apostate Kate2 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apostate Kate2
    Apostate Kate2

I'm currently reading this 1926 edition written by the second in charge of the organization after Russell, Judge Rutherford. This guy was PARANOID! The entire beginning of the book "Government" is slinging false allegations at the US Government without any substantiation noted that has since been proven lies. He claims things like; there is proof an invention has been invented where a telegraph can be sent from both directions at 1000 words per minute but the US government is deliberately holding back this new technology for evil reasons. There is an invention patented that can harness the energy of the worlds oceans and provide energy for the all the worlds energy needs but the evil US government is holding it back. Evil politicians blah blah blah. The people that believed this garbage had to be lacking in common sense. The gullible and ignorant that did believe then had to enter his paranoid world of us against them. There is no wonder the Watchtower Society took on such bizarre practices and beliefs. These false allegations have already been proven to be untrue. False Profits! (pun intended) alt He lays down the claims of 1914 in this book too. It was the fulfillment of Matthew 24.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Well, I guess the old drunk might have been a bit more paranoid than
    usual in 1926.

He'd had a serious disappointment the year before, and finished up with
    a lot of egg on his face when his prophecy that armageddon would come
    in 1925 didn't happen

Millions Now Living Will Never Die, 1925 p. 88-90

The chief thing to be restored is the human race to life; and since other Scriptures definitely fix the fact that there will be a resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful ones of old, and that these will have the first favor, we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of Israel from the condition of death, being resurrected and fully restored to perfect humanity and made the visible, legal representatives of the new order of things on earth.. They are to be resurrected as perfect men and constitute the princes or rulers in the earth .. Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews 11, to the condition of human perfection.. A simple calculation of these jubilees brings us to this important fact: Seventy jubilees of fifty years each would be a total of 3500 years. That period of time beginning 1575 years before A.D. 1 of necessity would end in the fall of 1925, at which time the type ends and the great anti type must begin. What, then, should we expect to take palace? In the type there must be a full restoration; beginning of restoration of all things

• Apostate Kate2
    Apostate Kate2

Wow. I heard about 1925 but never read his words before, thanks Dedpoet. I'm gonna look for that book, it is a must read.

How are you and your wife doing? She's been on my heart.

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

i found this link:

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/millions/millions.html

looks to be the entire book "Millions now living will never die" - i don't have a copy of the real thing to verify it's accuracy but it certainly sounds right from other quotes i've read...

Morph (maybe it was a typo and he meant "millions now living will never diet")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit