finding old friends

by shawnshawn 9 Replies latest jw friends

• shawnshawn
    shawnshawn

hello everyone, first post. I have been df for 18 years, recently started thinking about old friends I had. Any tips on how to find people from congregations? Or are there any websites for jw's specifically? Would like to know if they are still in or left. Any help would be appreciated. Toronto Canada area

• Mum
    Mum

You might start by going to meetup.com and finding the ex-JW meetup group in your area. Randy Watters at freeminds.org has some links that might be helpful.

If you're looking for active JW's, what makes you think they will speak to you? Best wishes in your search, and, most important, welcome to JWD.

Regards,

SandraC

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi Shawn and welcome to the board!

You might check this thread for a few posters in the Toronto area: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/19/137827/1.ashx

If you send them a PM they might know somebody you know, and you can go from there.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Welcome to JWD shawnshawn!

You have a PM.

BB

• BFD
    BFD

Welcome shawnsquared!

I hope you find some nice apostates in your area.

BFD

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome to JWD!

nj

• shawnshawn
    shawnshawn

thanks everyone for the help

• shawnshawn
  • sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Hi SS, welcome, not sure where you would go to find old friends who have left the borg, wouldn't mind knowing that myself.. but I will say, a few of them found me on Facebook. You can search by name on the site and I was very surprized at the amount of people I found and vice versa.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Welcome to JWD! You can increase your odds if you put down your state or region on your profile. I came here hoping to find some friends also from way back. So far I have found only one JWD member that went to any of the halls I did. But sooner or later I should run across some more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit