This is outrageous

by Mincan 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Mincan
    Mincan

Has anyone found that the longer you are away from the Witlesses the worse their mindf*** on your mind becomes.

I'm acting in such ways that I never even acted as a dub. It's like in everyway bad they might affect someone, it becomes exacerbated upon departure. I never used to be so afraid to try new things, even wholesome things, while I was a Dub, no more than usual, now I get paralyzed by fear to do the simplist things, like seeing people or getting my life started.

I'm slowing doing these things anyway, but I'm so shocked at how difficult it is. When I first left, I was so cynical and feeling like such a cocky smart ass everything seemed within my grasp. Now I ponder ... now I find the difficulty.

• brinjen
    brinjen

What can I say Mincan, it will get better....

You've been 'programmed' to think in a particular way for so long, it takes time to readjust. It will happen. When I first left, I went back to school and studied subjects that as a dub I would have never touched like Feminism....

I felt like I had been tuned to their way of thinking that I needed to see the 'other side's' point of view. Maybe you could do something like that (OK, maybe not study feminism) but get involved in some activity that appeals to you but you never would have touched as a dub.

Hang in there, you can do it, and remember.... Always work on moving forwards, don't worry about your pace, just that you are moving forward. The smallest of steps add up over time, it'll be worth it...

• RAF
    RAF

When I first left, I was so cynical and feeling like such a cocky smart ass everything seemed within my grasp. Now I ponder ... now I find the difficulty.

since I've left (and been left) quiet young I've been on cynical mode from the begining (= cold blooded = ready to pay full price - for any mistake) but more I grow up and more I pay attention, maybe it's related to maturity ... There are some mistakes or situations I don't want to get into once or more than once or too much.

scare is like pain - they are red light flashs which tell us pay attention of this. Still if we don't know about what it is all about we need to wondering/enquiring/questionning more than if we think that we already know ... anyway its always good to think twice and then it's all about what you want or don't want / can bear or can't bear, but if the goal is valuable well ... why not give it a try even with risks (unless it'll can kill you physically or morally).

• Mum
    Mum

It's hard, Min. Are you getting therapy? You are young, so you might enroll in college and get free counseling on campus. It takes time to change yourself, but it is worth it in the long run. We are here to support you when you need to talk about it.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

You were on a mental high and now crashing to reality, it's ok the programming runs deep and will not be easily forgotten, take one day at a time and like another poster said therapy would help you.

• Open mind
    Open mind

As warped and disfunctional as it is, there is a support network of sorts among the JWs.

When you leave, there goes the support network. This is especially true for those who are either self-employed or work for JWs. That's why it's important to try getting feelers out into the "real world" before you leave if at all possible.

I don't know your whole story, but do what you have to. Are you still living with your parents? Plenty here have "awakened" to the truth but gone through the JW motions while getting a degree.

Just a thought.

Open Mind

*I just edited out a little bit of information that could possibly be linked to Mincan*

• Mincan
    Mincan

No I don't live with them anymore. Hmmm, strange, I've never been afraid to give out information here but I'm stoned right now and I'm kind of paranoid that the JWs in this area will know me if I say anymore...

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

you need to do some "reframing"

umm. what exacly are you one?

• penny2
    penny2
    now I get paralyzed by fear to do the simplist things, like seeing people or getting my life started.

Recreational drug taking can lead to panic disorder and agoraphobia - particularly if engaged in after a major life event or a period of continual stress. In other words, it's going to make your problems worse.

Do a google search on "panic attacks" and "marijuana" and you'll see what I mean.

Sorry, Mincan.

penny2

• flipper
    flipper

Mincan- Mr. Flipper here. Just want you to know we care. It will take you some time to get used to your new situation and life. But everything in this life that is worthwhile takes effort and time. So give yourself that time. Work hard to reach your goals and you will make it. Mrs. Flipper sends her best, and remember you have many new friends on this support site. So hang in there, buddy! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit