DAD'S how much time do you spend,,,,

by Quentin 20 Replies latest social family

• Quentin
    Quentin

As a father, or grand father, do you get your kids up in the AM, feed them breakfast and get them off to school? Pick them up after school...take them to piano, or, any other activity?

If so, why... and for how long?

• dvw
    dvw

No, no, no, sometimes.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Yes, no, yes, yes.

I drive my 2 youngest to and from school everyday, and to soccer and dance every weekend.

Why?

Because I want to.

• Quentin
    Quentin

The why tag is the "curious" why question....talking to my daughter and her friends it appears there are men who would die and go to hell before they, as MEN, would stoop to taking care of their kids, other than being the money bag.

I take and pick up my grand kids from school everyday, as well as running them to assorted functions...

Why?....the daughter is unable to do so....the dad "works nights" and consider's his "duty" done when he gets home...besides, due to circumstance the kids, especialy the grand son, spends most of their time with me and the wife anyway...might as well pull double dad duty in my old age...hehhehheh...who ya gonna call a taxi?...

That's my story....what's yours?

edit to add: That's solid stealth, solid...

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I've been a stay at home dad for almost three years. SO YES and a LOT!

Now I'm back to work fulltime AND I'm going to school. I still have one daughter most days (I work nights and only have classes two days a week) and I pick the other up from school most days.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I do it on average 4 days a week and I only have one but it's still a PITA! My wife is a paramedic and works 12 hr shifts so she is gone 14-16 hrs a day. So I am stuck with holding down the fort which is like giving a chainsaw to a termite.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

OK, I'm not a dad, I'm a mom, but I just want to let all you awesome dads and grandads out there know, there is almost nothing "sexier" than a man who takes care of his own kids and family. I don't mean the ones who do it angrily and grumpily because they have no choice. I mean the ones who do it because they want to and enjoy it and are really "into" the kids. It's a beautiful thing.

So kudos, to all you great ones out there!

Cog

• BrentR
    BrentR

Are we still sexy if sometimes we are grumpy and pissy?

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Yes, Brent, you are still sexy if you are sometimes grumpy. All parents are allowed to be a little pissy sometimes. Let's face it, the little rotters can make you want to strangle them sometimes. Of course, good dad's should never actually strangle their kids. But it's OK to think about it.

Cog

• flipper
    flipper

Quentin- Years ago when my kids were young I worked nights, so I was able to take my kids on school field trips when many dads had to work, "normal" hours. I think it helped me and them draw closer through the years as opposed to just letting the wife do the running of them around. Now my son works for me on Sundays, he's 22, and we have a great close relationship. We golf together, fish,camp, have a lot of good times. Good memories!, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit