Your Opinion: What Do You Think Of Legally Going After Individual Elders?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Since the Society has told the elders that they are basically on their own, why don't we give more thought to suing the elders-----not just the Watchtower Society?

When I was an elder Ii was very concerned that I might get sued and be liable in a lawsuit. It was one of the reasons I didn't want to be an elder.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I think that's an excellent idea - but as you said we'd have to give it some thought.

I would love to see them made responsible for the daft advice they pass on to dubs and for the damage they do to vulnerable people in the name of the WBTS.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

While the elders were probably the most annoying people I've ever known, they never did anything to me that I could sue them for. If they did, I wouldn't hesitate now, but I would have hesitated when I was still a "believer".

W

• minimus
    minimus

If we were harrassed by the elders to go to a judicial meeting and they decided to DF us, perhaps we might have grounds vs. them. Or if they screwed up in how they arrived at their decisions and didn't have their witnesses or got info that wasn't quite accurate to use against us, why not go after them for violating our civil rights??

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I just posted on the consequences of accepting power of attorney.

Elders accepting this become responsible for your unpaid debts!!

If you are a lurker, spend spend spend, and if an eldumb refuses blood for you and you die, he wil have to pay pay pay.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

HB

• minimus
    minimus

Elders were told in no uncertain terms that THEY, not the Society take action against the individual.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I think it's a really bad idea if his initials are O.M.

• minimus
    minimus

OM, we'll spare you if you cooperate.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I was very concerned about that when I was an elder. I can think of several senarios where an elder could be potentially at risk. I got into the habit of not giving my personal opinion on anything. If someone wanted to know what the WTS take on a particular issue was, I'd research and give the printout to the person.

• minimus
    minimus

My thought is---if we put the heat on the local elders and they were truly afraid to go after us, we'd be in control---not them! If we went on the offensive after them because they were trying to shun us and direct the congregation to do the same, we could perhaps stifle their actions before they were able to malign us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit