"New light"...

by Awakened07 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

This won't be a long-winded post; just a "quickie", and mostly meant for those still active:

I find it odd that Jehovah's Witnesses don't find anything odd about how 'new light' is distributed. I mean - if this new light comes from Jehovah God Himself, the Creator of the universe and everything in it, wouldn't it be fair to say that it would happen more like in this story:

- A father tells the story to his kids about what happened to their mother, and why/how she died. However - since they are only small children, he doesn't tell them any details they wouldn't understand, and that would only hurt them. However - as time goes by and they grow up, he starts to embellish the story to include details, because they are now old enough to understand it, and mature enough to deal with it. And so the story gets longer and more detailed, but it's still the same story.

It would be quite strange if - as the years went by - he would tell one version, then go back on it and tell it a little differently, then go back to the original version, then add something, then retract that 'something', and so on and so forth. If one day the story would say she died in a car crash, then that she killed herself, then that she was killed by a burglar, then that she died in a car crash again....?

-It would seem natural that if God gave His own people new knowledge as time progresses and they are ready to hear it, that He would elaborate on the same things He had told them before, and not go back and forth and add details that He later retracted etc.

Why does this not resonate in the JW mind?

"Well - the FDS consists of fallible human beings; they are not perfect". Well - were the writers of the Bible perfect? They were merely human as well. And yet we are to take the Bible as the literal word of God, because it was inspired. I'm aware that we aren't to expect any miracles since after the apostles died away, but since we're now living at the very very very end of all time, before Armageddon and the new paradise - most likely the most important time in human history - wouldn't it be natural to assume that God's own Faithful and Discreet Slave would be given accurate info in a progressing fashion as time moved on, only embellishing on the info they already had learned?

"But the FDS aren't inspired at all - they've said so lately, so this doesn't apply anymore."

Oh - then why would we listen to them in the first place?

• eclipse
    eclipse

If they are not spirit directed, and have no super-powers, that makes them EQUAL to the R&F.

YOU JW's who think the governing body have the truth, do you not see that?

They have no more right to tell you how to interpret scripture than you have the right to tell them how to interpret scripture..

Why is it that you can disagree with an elder, and not get DF'd. But if you happen to disagree with the governing body, then you are guilty of treason and apostasy?

Why is that?

Does that make any sense?

Loved your post, Awakended, I hope it opens some closed minds.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

The better question is if God gave Jesus all powers in heavan and on earth and he has been ruling since 1914, why are they getting it from Jehovah? Aren't they completly by passing Jesus as mediator??

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    since they are only small children, he doesn't tell them any details they wouldn't understand, and that would only hurt them

Also, I doubt very much that the father would "scold" or "chastise" his children for asking questions about his story.

• bob1999
    bob1999

"Also, I doubt very much that the father would "scold" or "chastise" his children for asking questions about his story."

A very good point.

• fresia
    fresia

I don't believe that there has been any new light for decades, if they call not celebrating birthdays or christmas new light then that is totally blind, the Catholics never celebrated Christmas until a century ago, so they knew the pagan roots.

I think that the judgement on the w/t is yet to come. There has been rules not light.

• erandir
    erandir

Look...flip-flopping is NOT new light. It is just the GB being wrong and then changing their minds. They don't have any special link to Jehovah or any such thing.

Was the old Jewish system like that in the bible? Did Moses pass on the ten commandments and the myriad of other lesser laws and then 50 or 100 years later change some of them or decide some of them were just plain wrong? And how about the prophets...of the ones recorded in the bible where it tells what they said and then what happened, did any of them end up being wrong? I'm not arguing the bible's authenticity here, btw. I'm just saying that if the FDS is saying they are Jehovah's modern-day organization and use bible examples to prove it, how does their track record compare?

And that excuse about God using imperfect men simply doesn't cut it. He supposedly used imperfect men and women back in ancient Israel, and he got some amazing results, if the accounts are true. What about today? Is he using complete idiots, then? Does that explain it?

The witnesses did manage to get one thing right years ago. Religion is a racket and a snare.

• erandir
    erandir
    I think that the judgement on the w/t is yet to come.

Yeah...too bad they'll view it as persecution from Satan and his followers, as that article in the Aug 15th WT about justice mentions.

There is a new thread about that:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/140724/1.ashx

17. Satan and his followers will soon come against Jehovah's worshippers in an attempt to stamp
    them out. (Ezekiel 38: 14-23) That will be part of what Jesus called the "great tribulation such as
    has not occurred since the world's beginning until now, no, nor will occur again." (Matthew 24:21)
    Will Satan's attack succeed? No. God's Word assures us, "Jehovah is a lover of justice, and he
    will not leave his loyal ones. To time indefinite they will certainly be guarded; but as for the offspring
    of the wicked ones, they will indeed be cut off. The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
    and they will reside forever upon it."- Psalm 37:28, 29.

It seems like the shifty-eyed GB is preparing for the inevitable downfall of their little society. More and more people are learning the truth about the "truth" and making a stand. They'll just put a satanic spin on it to try to save face.

• tula
    tula

Where does "New Light" come from?

LUCIFER, the LIGHT BEARER

2 Corinthians 11:

13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ.

14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

In the Greek New Testament, the term rendered day star in English is actually phosphoros (in 2Pet. 1:19) in relation to Christ in the KJV but rendered as morning star in the RSV. Both versions avoid the real sense which is light bringer as Phosphoros. Lucifer is the Latin translation of this word.

The Light-bringer and the Morning Star or Day Star are ranks and not names. Therein lies the key to the confusion.

Mankind has become illuminated through the light of Lucifer.

Another connection between secret societies and the WTS seems to be the search for this new light.

LUCIFER, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light…Doubt it not!—Albert Pike, preeminent Masonic authority, Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, p. 321

The actual "light" that Masons pledge to seek, and which is found in the highest levels of Masonry, Pike taught, must be received from Lucifer, the "Light-Bearer." He said the search for Light leads back to the Kabbalah, and Crowley affirms this, also asserting that the Kabbalah is the "whole basis" of the OTO. Thus, concludes Mr. Heimbichner, "Freemasonry is a nursery of Luciferianism from which promising candidates are selected [for higher degrees], while others are left forever in the dark, content to exploit their good-old-boy connections and play their charity charade." (pp. 58, 116-17)

• oompa
    oompa

New light = we did not have a clue............................oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit