Anti Witnessing, do you do it?

by bikerchic 28 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Ok- Mr Martian see, if you can understand that what I do is called "tough love"- and " shock therapy". Being nice to JW's just encourages them to continue with their anti-social , anti-family behavior.

now for the rest of us.

Almost 20 years ago I was doing a job for a company that had a large cast iron stencil machine- In a flash I knew what to do. I made several stencils - about 3 inch tall letters- that said , 1-800-WHY-1914. My job took me all around the country and I had my spray paint handy. the best location was on a fence ( with owner's permission- hated JW's, too) directly across from the KH driveway. They had to look at it everytime they left the meeting. I won't tell you all my locations, but let's just say I had to do the tagging at night.- That phone number is still taking calls, too.

I graduated to going straight to the witnesses. I was numero uno apostate in my old hometown, and I wanted to stop the preaching work- even for just one day was a victory. Here is my funniest story.

It was in the fall and I knew JW's were working a certain territory- phone call.. I was cleaning up my yard and decided to send the sisters packing on Saturday, so I drove across town and started raking leaves in a houesholders yard, hat pulled down and coat collar turned up with my back to the sidewalk- down the street from the sisters- coming my way. I saw sister-mature and sister-newby approaching. Sister-mature came up to me and gave me a, howdy do we are out doing a Bible education work. I turned around slowly and said " Ye-sss sister-mature ho-ww can I help you?" ( in my best Igor impersonation) She let out a scream and started running faster than I have ever seen a 70 year old lady run. Sister-newby was left standing there with her mouth open. She had no idea I was the big bad apostate boogey man everyone was scared of.. I was able to get a few words in a before she scooted out, too. And I didn't even live on that side of town. I heard later that more reports were coming in of Moshe sightings than Elvis Presley gets. Ah , the good old days. I sure wish Johnny Cip been with me.

I can't tell you about my current tract work- the JW trolls are monitoring and I don't want to give away my m-o.

Pm me for details , if interested

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

When I first left in 2001 I did a lot, I have tappered off quite a bit but every now and then I go to a kingdom hall and raise a little hell, pretending to be a mildly interested person and ask the ones that come up to me questions. If I see them on the street I will make sure to witness to them, not letting one that I'm an aposate. They are usually glad to get away from me after a few questions becuase they get uncomfortable.

But I haven't done that in a few months.

• delilah
    delilah
    So proud to be ignorant? Why such hatred? Bad examples are in EVERY group!

Huh???? Not hatred, just disgust. I'm glad to be out, and I'd hate for others to unkowingly get involved with the JW organization. The unsuspecting public has no idea of the troubles and heartache the jw's can bring to their families. And why shouldn't we warn them? Then they can make their own , "informed" decision, once they know EVERYTHING about the cult religion.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    So proud to be ignorant? Why such hatred? Bad examples are in EVERY group!

I'm rather new here and tonight I read the post history of this Martian guy. Is he counting his jaded and Org-influenced comments as service time?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I do whenever I get an oppurtunity. I try not to cram it down people's throats though- I tell those who want to know or need to know.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Every chance I get, which is pretty much everyday

• flipper
    flipper

Every chance I get. I was using a phone booth in front of a safeway store and saw two magazines placed at a phone booth, I thought the audacity of these people! Right away I threw them away. Anti-witnessed to the p.o. and his dubby wife at my door for 30 minutes 2 months ago , condemning child molestation settlements to them and rocking their world. The wife listened and was nice , the elder husband defensive of the org. But I planted a seed

• onacruse
    onacruse

Yes, and no.

I see "anti-witnessing" as an exercise in futility: I've "anti-witnessed" against many many elders and more than a few Bethelites. The result is virtually the same as arguing against a devout Mormon, or even a passive Catholic. They will believe whatever they want to believe...and that is the way life goes.

As far as 'activism' is concerned, I think I can say (with some fair degree of personal experience insofar as this matters related to this discussion board is concerned) that such efforts have provided me little apparent result. To be sure, they gave me a purpose, and some temporary comfort in the midst of the angst I was experiencing in my exit.

Perhaps one of the most poignant observations about my own situation was summed up this way: "Craig, I knew you weren't ready then, but that when you were ready, then you'd inevitably move in the logical direction."

I could wish that the line had been somewhat more direct...but life is what it is.

In the meantime, I have anti-witnessed (on a personal basis) to many elders, and others...and will continue to so do, as opportunity presents an option.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Im gonna start taking it up a notch really soon. I will be in contact with some very influential people coming up. Im talking celebrities, politicians, and various others. Im gonna do a little anti-witnessing to them, just test the waters and see what happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit