new september 2007 Kingdom Ministry Qbox

by patientbrother 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome patientbro,

Stick around and read, read read!! You'll find a huge mix of people here - but we all have this awefull cult in common in one way or another.

nj

• 5go
    5go
    Brothers I absolutely had to join this web site once I saw the new KM for this coming month, has any one else had a chance to view this? I'm absolutely flabbergasted for the first time in my life, what about the the apostle paul and the Bereans? didn't he encourage them to go and find out for them selves the truth? didn't they always go home and search in thier own bibles if the things they were being told were from God? this months Kingdom Ministry makes me so mad, and the real clincher is I brought it up while out in service with one of our elders and he got upset, I know now in my heart that this is Jehovahs way of testing out those who claim to be his servants, I hope and pray there is a elder some where out there that feels the same way and isn't one of these spoken of in the bible who eventually begin to Beat Jehovahs sheep and begin to drink with the spiritual drunkards of the world...... If any one needs a copy of the september kingdom ministry ill post one here, for every one.

Thank you for coming here.

Though like Gary pointed out this is nothing new. It's rather old the Watchtower is just being more vocal about it, because more and more people like you are coming here fed up with stuff like this.
  • Stealth453
    Stealth453

Welcome to the board.

• Hermano
    Hermano

Welcome! I am glad someone in the Kingdom Hall is Awake! and paying attention to what is being taught.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Welcome, Patient Bro! We had a feeling that QB would push a lot of new folks onto this board!

I sent a copy of it to a couple of my old JW friends a couple of weeks ago when it was first posted here. As was mentioned, we get the latest WTS info weeks and sometimes months ahead of the typical congregation.

One brother agreed that it was just one more nail in the dumbing down of the organization. The other brother is a faithful JW who stepped down as an elder in order to get his Masters degree in psychology. I asked him, with his education and background, how could he stand to read stuff like that - no word back yet!

Anyway, stick around. There are many, many current and former elders and Bethelites here who will be very happy to talk to you and help out.

S4

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Welcome patientbrother

You might want to bring this to the bookstudy tonight.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dnnemn7xhqn

There are other wierd things about that book

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

BTT

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Dear Patient

I am a former missionary and elder. I can see how strongly you feel for your flock and for god. The pain and dismay I felt I honestly can't put into words.

I left not because of the "dumbing down" that some have referred to here. I think that is very legitimate. I left because I had questions I never allowed myself to find the answer to. When I found those answers, I allowed myself to be led down the path those answers led me.

You hit the nail on the head about the Boreans. Why would god create us with a heart AND mind and forbid us to use it, to question, to search for answers? Do you really believe in your heart of hearts that Jehovah expects you to use your brain to find him, only to turn off your thinking ability to serve him after you have found the "truth"? If truth is progressive, why are we not allowed to make such progress ourselves?

Please know for what this is worth that I will be following your story. I don't envy your pain, but I am interested to see where your honest search leads you to.

May you have peace.

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

I was in for 16 years and I can remember how they made fun of the Catholics...

Because Catholics go to the priest for confession and forgiveness.

But the elders have the right to decide who has been repentant enough.

What is the difference?

The Catholics were not allowed to read their Bible.

Now the JWs are not. What is the difference?

The Catholics think the Pope is God's mouthpiece.

The JWs think the elders are God's mouthpiece.

The Catholic cover up molesters.

Now the JWs have been covering for them too for years.

What is the difference? IMO NONE except the Catholics

don't let their pedophiles go from door to door.

sacrebleu!!!

• PoppyR
    PoppyR
    have book study tonight and I literally get sick to my stomach when we go over the stuff in the revelation book

I cannot BELIEVE they are studying that again! That book drove me nuts.

Welcome patient Bro, it's a tough time when the realisation first hits you, the waves of WTF wash over you for a long time and sometimes still do, but stay and be patient! And things will soon start making more sense.

Poppy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit