Jehovah's Witness Children are Kept Alienated from the rest of the world!

by Gill 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

The Watchtower continues to encourage JW parents to alienate their children from people who are not JWs and therefore discourage a more balanced view of the world and the people in it!

September 15th Watchtower, 2007 says on page11:

'Of course, our children's attitudes can be influenced both for good and for bad. The dangers of bad associations therefore challenge our skills as parents. ( 1 Cor 15:33) It is an art to teach youngsters how to avoid socializing with those who neither love Jehovah nor know him. ( Proverbs 13:20) Shawn, quoted earlier, says: 'We taught our youngsters to have friendly working relationships with schoolmates but to leave those relationships there - at school. Our children understood why they should not share in extracurricular activities or school sports events.'

Hardly any wonder that the average Jehovah's Witness child has an unbalanced and fearful attitude of their fellow man.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

JW kids are the most alienated, immature, socially stunted and miserable kids, no wonder they go crazy when they get out of the cult.

• Gill
    Gill

Dragonlady - Truer words were never spoken!

This being the case, how can a JW 'mature minor' decide whether or not to die from lack of blood transfusion, since their lives have been so limited in experience and association solely in the cult? There is no such thing as a 'mature' JW teenager, and maybe not even a mature older JW. They have no grasp on reality and exist for an illusion.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Kids need to socialize in order to establish long lasting friendships and expand their interpersonal skills, these are important building blocks for success in the home and at work. Many of us had a hard time adjusting to real life when we leave the borg, so much control, no" real" friendships, a lack of acceptance of others views and beliefs, few social skills, littlle education, it's a recepie for disaster.. When I read threads from newbies I see the same MO, lonlely shunned people with no where and nobody to turn to for help, depressed and downtrodden. It pisses me off.

• Sassy
    Sassy

lets face it, we all are stunted from being raised in this enviroment. We've all had to compensate for it, being out in the real world.

• DJK
    DJK

Someone posted this on the JWD before. I pasted and saved it to my personal files because I believe it. I wish I knew who the original poster was. Raised as a JW, every point presented, except disfellowshipping, applies to me personally.

Ways that raising children as Jehovah's Witnesses can harm them.

1) Teaches children to have an air of superiority regarding other human beings.
    2) Teaches a siege mentality about the evil, horrible world where children feel like the world is out to get them.
    3) Superstition regarding demons and Satan
    4) Sets kids up for teasing and ridicule because of no holidays, no flag salute, and constant pressure to "informal witness" at school. This feeds back into #2.
    5) Often Witness kids miss out on cultural touchstones of their generation--cartoons, movies, music, etc.
    6) Heavy discouragement to go to secondary education. This leaves adult Witnesses ignorant, often unable to properly provide for themselves and their families, and unable to reach their full potential.
    7) No b lood transfusions, of course.
    8) The "two witnesses" rule raises the likelihood that pedophiles will go unpunished and abuse again.
    9) Families are often torn apart by the disfellowshipping arrangement. There is no overestimating the ill effect this kind of turmoil can have on children.
    10) Independent thinking is heavily discouraged, meaning that many Witnesses grow up without the tools to question what they're being taught or told--whether by the Society or others.
    11) The Society's primary motivator is guilt, institutional, grassroots-enforced, top-down guilt. I do not know a single Witness or ex-Witness that doesn't have serious issues with guilt. It is just not healthy to be raised with constant guilt.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Not to mention all the emmotional and physical abuse we endured. This is another way to keep kids isolated.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And this problem is only going to get worse. From what I saw in the September 2007 Kingdumb Misery and the education-bashing talks during the Grand Boasting Session (including the D.E.A.D. talk on college degrees), they are going to further cut people off from the world. No education. No cross checking the accuracy of the new World Translation or the Watchtower materials. No independent studying of the Bible. This is going to produce children that are totally dependent on the Watchtower Society to provide all their guidance. And that cannot be healthy.

And that is before the Kool-Aid Puketowers. Once those start rolling off the presses and into the Kingdumb Hells, who knows what is ahead! I have predicted some pretty dire possibilities for the Witlesses once those take effect. And there is no way of knowing if even worse won't take effect. What I do know is highly probable is that they are going to clamp down even further on people mixing with the real world. They are likely to have harder bans on outside education and independent research, including the Internet. Which means even harder for them to adjust if they ever decide that the Tower doctrine is for the birds.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I predicted years ago that the society would really come down on the use of the internet, I still think that in the future they will find a way to make surfing the web a df'ing offense. Bookmark this thread, it's comming.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Oh let's not forget that JW's are strongly encouraged to home school their children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit